'Game of Thrones' Took Multiple at 2012 Creative Arts Emmys
"Homeland" and "Smash" were among the winners of 2012 Creative Arts Emmy Awards on Saturday, September 15 night, but it was "Game of Thrones" that went home with the most. The HBO drama collected six awards including Outstanding Special Visual Effects and Outstanding Costumes for a Series.
HBO is also triumphant through another of its series, "Boardwalk Empire", which took in three creative awards. Other multiple winning series are "Hatfields & McCoys" (History), the "65th Annual Tony Awards" (CBS), "Deadliest Catch" (Discovery) and "Downton Abbey" (PBS).
Kathy Bates won acting award for her guest starring role on "Two and a Half Men" while Jimmy Fallon won for his hosting gig on "Saturday Night Live". Jeremy Davies nabbed Guest Actor in a Drama for his stint in "Justified" while Martha Plimpton won Guest Actress in a Drama for her part on "The Good Wife".
Creative Arts Emmys is technically focused-precursor to the Primetime Emmys. Reelz Channel will pack it for a two-hour broadcast on Saturday, September 22, a day before the Primetime takes place.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story