'Game of Thrones' Took Multiple at 2012 Creative Arts Emmys
"Homeland" and "Smash" were among the winners of 2012 Creative Arts Emmy Awards on Saturday, September 15 night, but it was "Game of Thrones" that went home with the most. The HBO drama collected six awards including Outstanding Special Visual Effects and Outstanding Costumes for a Series.
HBO is also triumphant through another of its series, "Boardwalk Empire", which took in three creative awards. Other multiple winning series are "Hatfields & McCoys" (History), the "65th Annual Tony Awards" (CBS), "Deadliest Catch" (Discovery) and "Downton Abbey" (PBS).
Kathy Bates won acting award for her guest starring role on "Two and a Half Men" while Jimmy Fallon won for his hosting gig on "Saturday Night Live". Jeremy Davies nabbed Guest Actor in a Drama for his stint in "Justified" while Martha Plimpton won Guest Actress in a Drama for her part on "The Good Wife".
Creative Arts Emmys is technically focused-precursor to the Primetime Emmys. Reelz Channel will pack it for a two-hour broadcast on Saturday, September 22, a day before the Primetime takes place.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce