Kristen Stewart on Getting Topless for 'On the Road': It's Not a Big Deal
Kristen Stewart apparently didn't have a problem to pose nude in front of the camera for "On the Road". The "Twilight Saga" actress revealed that it wasn't "a big deal" for her to do the risky scene where she has to get topless in front of her co-stars Garrett Hedlund and Sam Riley.
"It didn't bother me. You can do no wrong with [director Walter Salles]," she told MTV News. "He puts so much inside of you. In the four-week rehearsal process, it was okay to ask any question, to bring up any story, to really overanalyze everything and intellectualize everything."
She said further, "Once we got on set, it was so about just breathing and letting it happen." Explaining what made her feel comfortable to strip off in front of the camera, she gushed, "He put so much trust in us. So it was like, 'OK, so I have to take my clothes off?' It's so not a big [deal]."
Kristen felt that she's mature enough to do the steamy scene. "I should have definitely been older than 17 while playing this part, absolutely," the Los Angeles native insisted. "[My performance] would have been done very differently if I was younger. I wouldn't have played the part, obviously."
She went on saying that tackling the part of Marylou meant that she had to explore the character's fearlessness as described in the Jack Kerouac novel. "I don't want this to be misconstrued in anyway, but you do want to get as close to an experience as you can. Anything that feels guarded, in this particular movie especially, would just be so against the spirit of it," she said.
Kristen's Marylou is a 16-year-old free-spirited wife who has an affinity for marijuana and sex. Along with her husband, the young lady meets Sal Paradise who decides to have a road trip soon after the death of his father. Thirsting for freedom, they discover the world, the ecstasy of experience, the connectedness of humanity and ultimately themselves.
"On the Road" will open in the U.S. on December 21.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season