'New Girl' Casts Rob Reiner and Jamie Lee Curtis as Jess' Parents
"New Girl" fans will finally meet Jess' father and mother in the show's upcoming season. Rob Reiner and Jamie Lee Curtis have been cast in the roles of Joan and Bob, the divorced parents of Zooey Deschanel's character. They will first appear in a Thanksgiving episode, and Jess will make use of the opportunity to reunite them.
Additionally, Entertainment Weekly learns that the show has also tapped Carla Gugino to play Schmidt's new boss, Emma. Described as a mild-mannered woman who turns out to be a high-powered sex freak, she enters a kinky, "Fifty Shades of Grey"-esque relationship with Schmidt. Gugino is billed for a three-episode arc which will start with the seventh episode set to air in November.
Best known for his portrayal as Michael "Meathead" Stivic on "All in the Family", Reiner lately spends most of his time behind the cameras. He has landed multiple Directors Guild of America nominations for his works on "Stand by Me", "When Harry Met Sally..." and "A Few Good Men".
Emmy-nominated actress Curtis recently recurred on "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" as Dr. Samantha Ryan, while Gugino has a lead role on USA Network's miniseries "Political Animals".
"New Girl" will kick off its second season Tuesday, September 25 on FOX. Some other guest stars in this chapter are Parker Posey, Josh Gad and Rob Riggle.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'