'New Girl' Casts Rob Reiner and Jamie Lee Curtis as Jess' Parents
"New Girl" fans will finally meet Jess' father and mother in the show's upcoming season. Rob Reiner and Jamie Lee Curtis have been cast in the roles of Joan and Bob, the divorced parents of Zooey Deschanel's character. They will first appear in a Thanksgiving episode, and Jess will make use of the opportunity to reunite them.
Additionally, Entertainment Weekly learns that the show has also tapped Carla Gugino to play Schmidt's new boss, Emma. Described as a mild-mannered woman who turns out to be a high-powered sex freak, she enters a kinky, "Fifty Shades of Grey"-esque relationship with Schmidt. Gugino is billed for a three-episode arc which will start with the seventh episode set to air in November.
Best known for his portrayal as Michael "Meathead" Stivic on "All in the Family", Reiner lately spends most of his time behind the cameras. He has landed multiple Directors Guild of America nominations for his works on "Stand by Me", "When Harry Met Sally..." and "A Few Good Men".
Emmy-nominated actress Curtis recently recurred on "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" as Dr. Samantha Ryan, while Gugino has a lead role on USA Network's miniseries "Political Animals".
"New Girl" will kick off its second season Tuesday, September 25 on FOX. Some other guest stars in this chapter are Parker Posey, Josh Gad and Rob Riggle.
More New Girl News
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer