Video: PSY Brings 'Gangnam Style' to 'Today', Teaches Horse Dance to Show's Anchors
After "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", PSY visited "Today" on Friday, September 14. Performing as part of the show's summer concert series, the South Korean viral sensation sang his hit song "Gangnam Style" while showing his signature horse dance. The audience was sometimes heard shouting the Korean song's lyric, while the show's crew, including Savannah Guthrie, busted the horse riding-like moves.
Minutes before taking the stage, PSY taught Guthrie, her co-hosts Al Roker and Natalie Morales, as well as "Meet the Press" anchor David Gregory, how to do the horse dance. Asked where he got an inspiration for his "Gangnam Style" dance, the rapper said, "Honestly, it came from (a) horse."
Sitting down with Guthrie, the performer whose motto is "dress classy and dance cheesy" opened up that he never thought his "Gangnam Style" video would garner that much attention. "I didn't expect that at all. I just unloaded this video only for the Korean viewers in YouTube and suddenly, within 60 days, I'm here," he said.
Though he has started his career in Korea since 2000, PSY realized he's a "rookie here now, so I got to do it all over again, like 12 years ago." Sharing his plan in the short future, the 34-year-old whose real name is Park Jae-Sang said backstage that he would next release a song in English.
"Gangnam Style" itself debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 64 and has topped Billboard Social 50 for three straight weeks. Additionally, the song currently ranks the third on iTunes chart.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance