Video: PSY Brings 'Gangnam Style' to 'Today', Teaches Horse Dance to Show's Anchors
After "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", PSY visited "Today" on Friday, September 14. Performing as part of the show's summer concert series, the South Korean viral sensation sang his hit song "Gangnam Style" while showing his signature horse dance. The audience was sometimes heard shouting the Korean song's lyric, while the show's crew, including Savannah Guthrie, busted the horse riding-like moves.
Minutes before taking the stage, PSY taught Guthrie, her co-hosts Al Roker and Natalie Morales, as well as "Meet the Press" anchor David Gregory, how to do the horse dance. Asked where he got an inspiration for his "Gangnam Style" dance, the rapper said, "Honestly, it came from (a) horse."
Sitting down with Guthrie, the performer whose motto is "dress classy and dance cheesy" opened up that he never thought his "Gangnam Style" video would garner that much attention. "I didn't expect that at all. I just unloaded this video only for the Korean viewers in YouTube and suddenly, within 60 days, I'm here," he said.
Though he has started his career in Korea since 2000, PSY realized he's a "rookie here now, so I got to do it all over again, like 12 years ago." Sharing his plan in the short future, the 34-year-old whose real name is Park Jae-Sang said backstage that he would next release a song in English.
"Gangnam Style" itself debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 64 and has topped Billboard Social 50 for three straight weeks. Additionally, the song currently ranks the third on iTunes chart.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal