It's Official, Adele Locked to Sing Theme Song for 'Skyfall'
The chosen singer who will deliver the theme song for latest James Bond film "Skyfall" has finally been confirmed. After a long speculation, Showbiz411 breaks the news that Adele is the one who is officially picked to follow the footsteps of Shirley Bassey, Madonna, Garbage, Sheryl Crow and Paul McCartney among others who sang the original soundtracks for the 007 films.
According to the site, the song Adele will perform will also be titled "Skyfall". The track will mark the "Rolling in the Deep" hitmaker's first single since her album "21" sold 7 billion copies worldwide. Additionally it is said that the theme song will be "an actual song with a melody and a hook, unlike recent tortures."
Just a few days ago, The Sun reported that the "Someone Like You" singer was spotted visiting Abbey Road Studios, where "Skyfall" composer Thomas Newman was working to score the twenty third Bond movie. The news soon sparked rumors that the pregnant actress had done a recording session with Newman.
Adele first hinted that she's involved in the Bond project in 2011, when she told Jonathan Ross that she had been offered to do soundtrack for the anticipated Daniel Craig-starring spy film. Shortly after that, she reportedly started preliminary sessions with producer Paul Epworth.
"Skyfall" will make its way out onto cinemas across the United States on November 9.
More Adele News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed