It's Official, Adele Locked to Sing Theme Song for 'Skyfall'
The chosen singer who will deliver the theme song for latest James Bond film "Skyfall" has finally been confirmed. After a long speculation, Showbiz411 breaks the news that Adele is the one who is officially picked to follow the footsteps of Shirley Bassey, Madonna, Garbage, Sheryl Crow and Paul McCartney among others who sang the original soundtracks for the 007 films.
According to the site, the song Adele will perform will also be titled "Skyfall". The track will mark the "Rolling in the Deep" hitmaker's first single since her album "21" sold 7 billion copies worldwide. Additionally it is said that the theme song will be "an actual song with a melody and a hook, unlike recent tortures."
Just a few days ago, The Sun reported that the "Someone Like You" singer was spotted visiting Abbey Road Studios, where "Skyfall" composer Thomas Newman was working to score the twenty third Bond movie. The news soon sparked rumors that the pregnant actress had done a recording session with Newman.
Adele first hinted that she's involved in the Bond project in 2011, when she told Jonathan Ross that she had been offered to do soundtrack for the anticipated Daniel Craig-starring spy film. Shortly after that, she reportedly started preliminary sessions with producer Paul Epworth.
"Skyfall" will make its way out onto cinemas across the United States on November 9.
More Adele News
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit