Keith Urban Quits Australia's 'The Voice' Amidst 'American Idol' Rumor
Following the rumor that he's on top of the list to judge "American Idol", Keith Urban announced his departure from "The Voice" Australia. The country superstar and Nicole Kidman's husband announced on Thursday, September 13 that he will not return to judge for the singing competition's 2013 season.
"I've been so fortunate to have been a part of The Voice," Urban told Australia's Nine Network in a statement. "And as much as I'd love to do it again, it's clear that the recording and promoting of a new album, a tour and other commitments will keep me from being a part of the second season."
Urban has been the show's coach since season 1 along with Seal, Delta Goodrem and Joel Madden. "To everyone who sang on the show, I thank you; you've inspired not just me, but countless others," Urban added. "To everyone behind the scenes and to my on-camera family - [host] Darren [McMullen], Delta, Joel and Seal -- thank you for making it so much fun."
Meanwhile, the only confirmation about Urban's involvement with "American Idol" came from Katie Couric who told former judge Jennifer Lopez that he was in the running along with Nicki Minaj.
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces