Keith Urban Quits Australia's 'The Voice' Amidst 'American Idol' Rumor
Following the rumor that he's on top of the list to judge "American Idol", Keith Urban announced his departure from "The Voice" Australia. The country superstar and Nicole Kidman's husband announced on Thursday, September 13 that he will not return to judge for the singing competition's 2013 season.
"I've been so fortunate to have been a part of The Voice," Urban told Australia's Nine Network in a statement. "And as much as I'd love to do it again, it's clear that the recording and promoting of a new album, a tour and other commitments will keep me from being a part of the second season."
Urban has been the show's coach since season 1 along with Seal, Delta Goodrem and Joel Madden. "To everyone who sang on the show, I thank you; you've inspired not just me, but countless others," Urban added. "To everyone behind the scenes and to my on-camera family - [host] Darren [McMullen], Delta, Joel and Seal -- thank you for making it so much fun."
Meanwhile, the only confirmation about Urban's involvement with "American Idol" came from Katie Couric who told former judge Jennifer Lopez that he was in the running along with Nicki Minaj.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed