First Trailer of Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Unveils the Other Side of Abe
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" finally unleashes its stellar first trailer, uncovering the other side of Abraham Lincoln. Known as a devoted leader of the United States, he's also a good family man at the same time. Daniel Day-Lewis bears an uncanny resemblance to Abe, who shows vulnerability behind his tough look. Plenty of scenes in warfield, legislative houses and Abe's residence are featured in the touching trailer.
The much-awaited trailer was released Thursday, September 13 during a Google Hangout session with Spielberg and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who's unfortunately not seen in the footage. During the live chat, the depicter of Abe's son Robert Todd Lincoln explained that the movie would present the 16th President as "a normal guy" instead of a god-like leader as he's often portrayed in other movies.
Speaking of Day-Lewis, Gordon-Levitt had nothing but good words for the Abe depicter. "All I had to do was pay attention to him, and I was sucked right into his world," the 31-year-old thesp gushed. He also said that the Oscar winner's "quite a texter," adding that his senior offered him to play Robert Todd via text message.
Spielberg, meanwhile, said that the audience would "have to bring a little bit of context" when they saw the history movie. "There aren't huge action scenes of the Civil War," the veteran filmmaker continued, explaining that it would focus more on the "weight Lincoln has to bear when the entire Constitution is in jeopardy."
"Lincoln" is a revealing drama that follows the 16th President's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, Lincoln pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come.
Also starring Tommy Lee Jones, Sally Field, Jackie Earle Haley and David Oyelowo, the drama will open in the U.S. cinemas on November 9.
- Watch John Boyega Pilot a Jaeger in 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Teaser Promo
- 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Official Title and Teaser Are Unveiled
- Comic-Con: 'Teen Wolf' Season 6B Debuts New Trailer, Dylan O'Brien Makes Surprise Panelist
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Linkin Park Releases 'Talking to Myself' Video Before Reports of Chester Bennington's Death - Watch
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character
- Kevin Hart Denies Cheating Accusations: 'It's Absolutely Not True'