Chad Ochocinco Slapped With Domestic Battery Charge
Chad Ochocinco is charged with first-degree misdemeanor domestic battery, a month after he was taken into custody for allegedly head-butting his wife Evelyn Lozada. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday, September 13.
The former member of Miami Dolphins is expected to enter not guilty plea. The Broward County State Attorney's Office states that if he is found guilty in the head-butting incident with the reality TV star, he can face up to one year in jail.
Before his arrest, Ochocinco, who changed his name back to Chad Johnson after marrying Lozada on fourth of July, was reportedly involved in a heated argument with his wife over a receipt of condoms she found in their Maserati.
Lozada claimed Ochocinco "grabbed her and butted her on the forehead, causing a laceration." The football player disputed the story, saying it was her who leaned over and head-butted him. She went to hospital to treat her injury, while he had no visible marks or bruises.
In addition to facing jail time, Ochocinco is served with divorce papers by Lozada. "Divorce? Child please... that's my WIFE RT," he tweeted after showing off a tattoo of his wife's face, "I dont give a flying pretzel in skittle rainbow hell what she filed for."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3