'Gossip Girl' Creators and 'Twilight' Director Team Up for Monster Drama
As "Gossip Girl" nears its end, Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage who created the teen drama series are developing a new project for The CW. It has been reported that the duo is working on "Copeland Prep" with "Twilight" helmer Catherine Hardwicke as the executive consultant.
Bret Easton Ellis, who has been showing interest in penning the script for "Fifty Shades of Grey" film adaptation, will provide the screenplay for the TV show. He is additionally joining forces with Schwartz, Savage, Len Goldstein and Nicky Weinstock to executive produce it.
The upcoming hour-long drama is set at a premier secondary school, which is so fiercely competitive that it's turning its students into monsters. The disturbing ramifications continue spreading throughout the town.
In addition to "Gossip Girl" which will enter its final season this October, Schwartz and Savage's Fake Empire is producing sophomore comedy "Hart of Dixie" as well as newbies "The Carrie Diaries" and "Cult" for The CW.
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch