Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo Are Proud Parents to Son Camden John
Another celebrity couple, Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo, has welcomed their little bundle of joy. It's officially confirmed by a representative that the former MTV VJ delivered a baby boy, her first child with the 98 Degrees member, on Wednesday, September 12.
"We are incredibly proud to announce the birth of our beautiful baby boy, Camden John Lachey," they said in a joint statement to PEOPLE. "Born today at 6:54 P.M., he came into this world at 8 lbs., 9 oz. and 21 inches. Love has truly been redefined for both of us."
Nick and Vanessa were engaged in November 2010 after dating on and off for about four years. They tied the knot in a tropical island ceremony on July 15, 2011. The boybander confirmed the baby news in March after she showed a sign of baby bump on several occasions.
Minnillo has always wanted to have a son as her first child, but she and Nick just wanted "a healthy baby." It didn't matter if it's a boy or a girl, "I'm excited either way!" the actress gushed. She once said, "If it's a girl, I think it might be Sophia."
More Nick Lachey News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story