'Transformers 4' Reportedly Will Feature Brand New Robot Cast
Latest reports surrounding Michael Bay's upcoming "Transformers 4" have made their round online. Transformers fansite, TFW2005, has recently broken the news that the fourth installment of the autobot war film franchise might feature an all new cast of the robot characters.
During a recent UBS Best of Americas 2012 Conference, Hasbro President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Goldner reportedly opened up that the toy giant planned to introduce new characters in "Transformers 4". The action would be taken because "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" didn't generate many toy sales for the company.
Brian said that the first three "Transformers" movies featured same characters, and while they scored massive success on box office, they couldn't boost the toy sales for the company. "This is why Transformers 4 will have a new cast of [robot] characters and it will be a story revolving around these new characters," so the fansite quoted from Brian's presentation.
Furthermore, Brian reportedly revealed in the same year "Transformers 4" would hit the U.S. theaters, Hasbro would also release a movie as well as TV series for its other character Stretch Armstrong. "Transformers 4" itself is scheduled to open nationwide on June 27, 2014.
This latest "Transformers 4" report added fuel to director Bay's previous statement that the upcoming movie would have "a new cast," and he's "moving on to something different." Still, Bay told Los Angeles Times that the fourth film wouldn't be a reboot.
"It's not a reboot, that's maybe wrong," he said. "I don't want to say reboot because then people will think we're doing a 'Spider-Man' and starting from the beginning. We're not. We're taking the story that you've seen - the story we've told in three movies already - and we're taking it in a new direction."
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary