'Transformers 4' Reportedly Will Feature Brand New Robot Cast
Latest reports surrounding Michael Bay's upcoming "Transformers 4" have made their round online. Transformers fansite, TFW2005, has recently broken the news that the fourth installment of the autobot war film franchise might feature an all new cast of the robot characters.
During a recent UBS Best of Americas 2012 Conference, Hasbro President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Goldner reportedly opened up that the toy giant planned to introduce new characters in "Transformers 4". The action would be taken because "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" didn't generate many toy sales for the company.
Brian said that the first three "Transformers" movies featured same characters, and while they scored massive success on box office, they couldn't boost the toy sales for the company. "This is why Transformers 4 will have a new cast of [robot] characters and it will be a story revolving around these new characters," so the fansite quoted from Brian's presentation.
Furthermore, Brian reportedly revealed in the same year "Transformers 4" would hit the U.S. theaters, Hasbro would also release a movie as well as TV series for its other character Stretch Armstrong. "Transformers 4" itself is scheduled to open nationwide on June 27, 2014.
This latest "Transformers 4" report added fuel to director Bay's previous statement that the upcoming movie would have "a new cast," and he's "moving on to something different." Still, Bay told Los Angeles Times that the fourth film wouldn't be a reboot.
"It's not a reboot, that's maybe wrong," he said. "I don't want to say reboot because then people will think we're doing a 'Spider-Man' and starting from the beginning. We're not. We're taking the story that you've seen - the story we've told in three movies already - and we're taking it in a new direction."
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards