'Transformers 4' Reportedly Will Feature Brand New Robot Cast
Latest reports surrounding Michael Bay's upcoming "Transformers 4" have made their round online. Transformers fansite, TFW2005, has recently broken the news that the fourth installment of the autobot war film franchise might feature an all new cast of the robot characters.
During a recent UBS Best of Americas 2012 Conference, Hasbro President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Goldner reportedly opened up that the toy giant planned to introduce new characters in "Transformers 4". The action would be taken because "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" didn't generate many toy sales for the company.
Brian said that the first three "Transformers" movies featured same characters, and while they scored massive success on box office, they couldn't boost the toy sales for the company. "This is why Transformers 4 will have a new cast of [robot] characters and it will be a story revolving around these new characters," so the fansite quoted from Brian's presentation.
Furthermore, Brian reportedly revealed in the same year "Transformers 4" would hit the U.S. theaters, Hasbro would also release a movie as well as TV series for its other character Stretch Armstrong. "Transformers 4" itself is scheduled to open nationwide on June 27, 2014.
This latest "Transformers 4" report added fuel to director Bay's previous statement that the upcoming movie would have "a new cast," and he's "moving on to something different." Still, Bay told Los Angeles Times that the fourth film wouldn't be a reboot.
"It's not a reboot, that's maybe wrong," he said. "I don't want to say reboot because then people will think we're doing a 'Spider-Man' and starting from the beginning. We're not. We're taking the story that you've seen - the story we've told in three movies already - and we're taking it in a new direction."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences