Mika Debuts Cinematic Video for 'Origin of Love'
Mika has released a music video in support of his song "Origin of Love". The British artist doesn't make appearance in the clip, which depicts a love story of a boy and a girl, who are apparently separated when she is committed to a mental ward.
There are some disturbing scenes when the girl undergoes a treatment during which she watches her passionate moments with her boyfriend on screen while some metal stuff gets attached to her face. She later escapes the facility to reunite with her lover. The video also includes nudity as the girl strips off her top in a make-out scene.
The music video was filmed in Santiago, Chile under the direction of Cristian Jimenez. "I wanted to take the kaleidoscopic dreaminess of the song and pair it up with Cristian's more realistic, surreal and moving imagery," Mika says of the visuals.
He further reveals that he gave "complete freedom" to the director "in a way that is never possible with a music video." Christian adds about the concept of the clip, "It's an urban, very contemporary piece, with a bit of humour and touches of a fairy tale feel."
"Origin of Love" is lifted off Mika's third studio album "The Origin of Love", which is due October 16 in the United States. He once described it as a serious album, but still had the boppy, happy tune.
Mika's "Origin of Love" Music Video
More Mika News
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel