First 'Thor 2' Set Photos See Chris Hemsworth Filming War Scene
As the production of "Thor: The Dark World" kicked off in U.K. recently, a number of photos taken from the set in Bourne Wood make their way out onto the web. Those images offer a first look at Chris Hemsworth in his slightly altered armor of the God of Thunder.
The Australian actor is featured filming what looks like a battle scene in an open terrain. Rocking the signature Thor silver suit, red cape and hammer, he is seen fighting some soldiers who don elaborate armors. Joining him on the set is Jaimie Alexander, who plays the goddess of Asgard Sif. She looks fierce in her own iron suit complete with a shield.
Official synopsis for "Thor 2" hasn't been revealed, but it has been rumored that the film will see Thor fighting the Dark Elves. The rumor was fueled when Christopher Eccleston got cast as Malekith the Accursed, who was none other than the ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim.
In addition to the South East England set, "Thor 2" reportedly will be shot in some long tunnels in London. Serving behind the lens is Alan Taylor, who directed some episodes of "Game of Thrones". Also supporting the superhero movie are the likes of Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Kat Dennings, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgard and Zachary Levi among others.
The "Thor" sequel will arrive in cinemas in the U.S. on November 8, 2013.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera