First 'Thor 2' Set Photos See Chris Hemsworth Filming War Scene
As the production of "Thor: The Dark World" kicked off in U.K. recently, a number of photos taken from the set in Bourne Wood make their way out onto the web. Those images offer a first look at Chris Hemsworth in his slightly altered armor of the God of Thunder.
The Australian actor is featured filming what looks like a battle scene in an open terrain. Rocking the signature Thor silver suit, red cape and hammer, he is seen fighting some soldiers who don elaborate armors. Joining him on the set is Jaimie Alexander, who plays the goddess of Asgard Sif. She looks fierce in her own iron suit complete with a shield.
Official synopsis for "Thor 2" hasn't been revealed, but it has been rumored that the film will see Thor fighting the Dark Elves. The rumor was fueled when Christopher Eccleston got cast as Malekith the Accursed, who was none other than the ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim.
In addition to the South East England set, "Thor 2" reportedly will be shot in some long tunnels in London. Serving behind the lens is Alan Taylor, who directed some episodes of "Game of Thrones". Also supporting the superhero movie are the likes of Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Kat Dennings, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgard and Zachary Levi among others.
The "Thor" sequel will arrive in cinemas in the U.S. on November 8, 2013.
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub