Katie Couric Scores Highest Daytime Talk Show Debut in Decade
Katie Couric returned with a bang. Her new show "Katie" posted a 2.8 household rating in the 56 U.S. Metered Markets on Monday, September 10, scoring the highest new daytime talk show debut since "Dr. Phil" premiered in 2002.
The nationally syndicated talk show hosted by the former CBS anchor also led the pack of other daytime talk shows by huge margins. It topped the September 4 debut of "The Steve Harvey Show" by by 87% (1.5/4). It was also 150% higher than "The Jeff Probst Show" and 250% higher than "The Ricki Lake Show" which premiered on September 10.
Moreover, the debut episode of "Katie" ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in each of the top 15 U.S. metered markets, including scoring a win in both New York and Los Angeles.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory