Katie Couric Scores Highest Daytime Talk Show Debut in Decade
Katie Couric returned with a bang. Her new show "Katie" posted a 2.8 household rating in the 56 U.S. Metered Markets on Monday, September 10, scoring the highest new daytime talk show debut since "Dr. Phil" premiered in 2002.
The nationally syndicated talk show hosted by the former CBS anchor also led the pack of other daytime talk shows by huge margins. It topped the September 4 debut of "The Steve Harvey Show" by by 87% (1.5/4). It was also 150% higher than "The Jeff Probst Show" and 250% higher than "The Ricki Lake Show" which premiered on September 10.
Moreover, the debut episode of "Katie" ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in each of the top 15 U.S. metered markets, including scoring a win in both New York and Los Angeles.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed