Katie Couric Scores Highest Daytime Talk Show Debut in Decade
Katie Couric returned with a bang. Her new show "Katie" posted a 2.8 household rating in the 56 U.S. Metered Markets on Monday, September 10, scoring the highest new daytime talk show debut since "Dr. Phil" premiered in 2002.
The nationally syndicated talk show hosted by the former CBS anchor also led the pack of other daytime talk shows by huge margins. It topped the September 4 debut of "The Steve Harvey Show" by by 87% (1.5/4). It was also 150% higher than "The Jeff Probst Show" and 250% higher than "The Ricki Lake Show" which premiered on September 10.
Moreover, the debut episode of "Katie" ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in each of the top 15 U.S. metered markets, including scoring a win in both New York and Los Angeles.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says