Katie Couric Scores Highest Daytime Talk Show Debut in Decade
Katie Couric returned with a bang. Her new show "Katie" posted a 2.8 household rating in the 56 U.S. Metered Markets on Monday, September 10, scoring the highest new daytime talk show debut since "Dr. Phil" premiered in 2002.
The nationally syndicated talk show hosted by the former CBS anchor also led the pack of other daytime talk shows by huge margins. It topped the September 4 debut of "The Steve Harvey Show" by by 87% (1.5/4). It was also 150% higher than "The Jeff Probst Show" and 250% higher than "The Ricki Lake Show" which premiered on September 10.
Moreover, the debut episode of "Katie" ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in each of the top 15 U.S. metered markets, including scoring a win in both New York and Los Angeles.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'