Katie Couric Scores Highest Daytime Talk Show Debut in Decade
Katie Couric returned with a bang. Her new show "Katie" posted a 2.8 household rating in the 56 U.S. Metered Markets on Monday, September 10, scoring the highest new daytime talk show debut since "Dr. Phil" premiered in 2002.
The nationally syndicated talk show hosted by the former CBS anchor also led the pack of other daytime talk shows by huge margins. It topped the September 4 debut of "The Steve Harvey Show" by by 87% (1.5/4). It was also 150% higher than "The Jeff Probst Show" and 250% higher than "The Ricki Lake Show" which premiered on September 10.
Moreover, the debut episode of "Katie" ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in each of the top 15 U.S. metered markets, including scoring a win in both New York and Los Angeles.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris