First Clip for Tim Burton's 'Frankenweenie' Unleashed
Tim Burton's new stop-motion movie "Frankenweenie" has dropped its very first clip. Titled "Lightning", the snippet takes place in a classroom where a creepy teacher teaches his students about the creation of lightning. Instead of explaining it in a scientific way, the eccentric teacher scares his students with his hyperbolic story which sounds more like a horror tale.
"Frankeenweenie" is a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life - with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor's fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new "leash on life" can be monstrous.
Burton directed the black-and-white animation in addition to producing it with Allison Abbate. Lining up in the voice cast ensemble are Winona Ryder, Martin Short, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Landau, Charlie Tahan, Christopher Lee, Atticus Shaffer, Robert Capron and Conchata Ferrell.
The movie will hit theaters across the U.S. on October 5.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'