First Clip for Tim Burton's 'Frankenweenie' Unleashed
Tim Burton's new stop-motion movie "Frankenweenie" has dropped its very first clip. Titled "Lightning", the snippet takes place in a classroom where a creepy teacher teaches his students about the creation of lightning. Instead of explaining it in a scientific way, the eccentric teacher scares his students with his hyperbolic story which sounds more like a horror tale.
"Frankeenweenie" is a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life - with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor's fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new "leash on life" can be monstrous.
Burton directed the black-and-white animation in addition to producing it with Allison Abbate. Lining up in the voice cast ensemble are Winona Ryder, Martin Short, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Landau, Charlie Tahan, Christopher Lee, Atticus Shaffer, Robert Capron and Conchata Ferrell.
The movie will hit theaters across the U.S. on October 5.
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo