Bob Dylan Opens Pop-Up Shops Ahead of 'Tempest' Release
Shortly before releasing his thirty fifth studio album "Tempest", Bob Dylan opened three stores that gave a chance for his fans to grab his latest record a day early. The veteran musician opened the "Bob Dylan Pop-Up Shop" in Los Angeles, New York City and London, where a host of fans were spotted lining up to get the anticipated album.
According to Ultimate Classic Rock, there were hundreds of fans standing in line in front of the shop in the Meatpacking District, NY, waiting for the doors to open at 4 P.M. on Monday, September 10. However, the shop didn't open as scheduled and fans must had to wait for around an hour before they could get into the store.
There were reportedly only 15 signed copies of "Tempest" sold in the pop-up shops. The rare items were sold within minutes at the same price as the unsigned copy of the album. In addition to Dylan's new album, the stores offered various kinds of merchandise, such as CDs, vinyl, t-shirts, posters and books among others.
For fans who missed the grand opening of "Bob Dylan Pop-Up Shops" in the three cities, they could still hit the stores from 11 A.M. to 8 P.M. through Sunday, September 16. More details about the shops can be obtained on Dylan's Facebook page.
"Tempest" made its way out in the U.S. on Tuesday, September 11. The album has received positive early reviews from various critics so far. Rolling Stone gave the album five out of five stars, calling it "musically varied and full of curveballs," while The Guardian gave it four out of five stars. The Telegraph called it "among his best ever," while Chicago Tribune gave it three and a half out of four stars, branding it "an inspired mix of blood and bawdiness."
More Bob Dylan News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab