Bob Dylan Opens Pop-Up Shops Ahead of 'Tempest' Release
Shortly before releasing his thirty fifth studio album "Tempest", Bob Dylan opened three stores that gave a chance for his fans to grab his latest record a day early. The veteran musician opened the "Bob Dylan Pop-Up Shop" in Los Angeles, New York City and London, where a host of fans were spotted lining up to get the anticipated album.
According to Ultimate Classic Rock, there were hundreds of fans standing in line in front of the shop in the Meatpacking District, NY, waiting for the doors to open at 4 P.M. on Monday, September 10. However, the shop didn't open as scheduled and fans must had to wait for around an hour before they could get into the store.
There were reportedly only 15 signed copies of "Tempest" sold in the pop-up shops. The rare items were sold within minutes at the same price as the unsigned copy of the album. In addition to Dylan's new album, the stores offered various kinds of merchandise, such as CDs, vinyl, t-shirts, posters and books among others.
For fans who missed the grand opening of "Bob Dylan Pop-Up Shops" in the three cities, they could still hit the stores from 11 A.M. to 8 P.M. through Sunday, September 16. More details about the shops can be obtained on Dylan's Facebook page.
"Tempest" made its way out in the U.S. on Tuesday, September 11. The album has received positive early reviews from various critics so far. Rolling Stone gave the album five out of five stars, calling it "musically varied and full of curveballs," while The Guardian gave it four out of five stars. The Telegraph called it "among his best ever," while Chicago Tribune gave it three and a half out of four stars, branding it "an inspired mix of blood and bawdiness."
More Bob Dylan News
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince