Emma Watson 'Absolutely Terrified' to Strip Off for 'Perks of Being a Wallflower'
After being known as brainbox Hermione Granger in the "Harry Potter" film series for so long, Emma Watson tried to get out of the box by taking a totally different role in her latest film "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". The English beauty plays free-spirited Sam, who introduces shy guy Charlie to drug use and sexuality.
Tackling the part of Sam, Emma was tasked to do some daring scenes, including the one which required her to strip down to skimpy clothing for a dancing scene at the screenings of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". Weighing in on the scene, the Paris-born actress admitted that it was not easy for her.
"It doesn't show but I was absolutely terrified," Emma told E! News at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival. Ezra Miller, who plays her brother Patrick, added, "I watched her throw down so hard in every capacity. She can get down - and Wats gets down!"
Similar to Emma, Logan Lerman who plays Charlie also said that the stripping-off scene was a big challenge for him especially because he didn't feel comfortable about being clad in nothing but a pair of tiny gold undies. "Yeah, that was uncomfortable," he said. "It was one of those things you just try to forget... I just didn't think about and then I just went out there."
On the other hand, co-star Nina Dobrev gushed that people would see a different Emma in the movie. The Elena of "The Vampire Diaries" praised the British beauty, "Nobody has ever seen her in this kind of role - and with an American accent. She finished one chapter of her life, cut off her hair and embraced this new beginning. I think everyone is going to be very pleasantly surprised."
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" centers on Charlie, an introverted high school freshman who slowly comes out of his shell thanks to his new friends, Sam and Patrick. He is introduced to the awkward times of adolescence, including drug use and sexuality. The film is based on a 1999 novel by Stephen Chbosky, who also served as the director.
The drama will hit the U.S. theaters on September 21.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics