Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals She Might Not Return as Pepper Potts in 'Avengers 2'
Tony Stark might lose his trusted assistant Pepper Potts in "The Avengers 2". Gwyneth Paltrow, who tackles the part in three "Iron Man" films and "The Avengers", confessed that she's hesitant to reprise the part for the upcoming sequel to the Earth's Mightiest Heroes movie.
While promoting her film "Thanks for Sharing" at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival, Paltrow took time to share to E! News that she might not come back for the "Avengers" sequel. She claimed that she's too old for that.
"I just came off of 'Iron Man 3', which is as special effect-y and action-y as it gets, so to do something like ['Thanks for Sharing'] where it's really small, funny and exciting, is really great," she said. "I don't know [about returning for 'The Avengers 2'], I'm getting old for this s***, you know what I mean?"
Though she might not appear in "The Avengers" sequel, Paltrow will still reprise Pepper Potts in the third armored hero movie, which is set to open in the U.S. on May 3, 2013. Recent rumors suggested that Miss Potts might be getting her own suit, known as Rescue, in an "Iron Man" movie someday.
During a panel at Comic-Con, a fan asked if there's a chance to see Paltrow suiting up on screen, to which Marvel boss Kevin Feige responded, "Everyone at this table thinks it would be the coolest thing in the world to see Pepper get in the suit at some point." Jon Favreau added, "We almost did it a few times; we talked about it a lot. I think we all share your enthusiasm for that, and we all want to see Gwyneth kick a little a**."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage