'Saturday Night Live' Adds Three Second City Members to Cast Ensemble
Some are leaving, and some are coming on "Saturday Night Live" this year. Following the departures of Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg and Abby Elliott, the show has hired Aidy Bryant, Tim Robinson and Cecily Strong as new featured players for the upcoming 38th season. NBC made the casting news official just a few days after it was reported that the show was close to sign Bryant and Robinson.
Bryant trained with iO Chicago, Annoyance Theatre and was an ensemble member of the Second City E.T.C Stage. Robinson performed on the Second City Mainstage and in their National Touring Company. He has also performed at the iO Theater in Chicago and at the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal. Strong was also a member of the Second City National Touring Company and has studied at the iO Theater.
The new season of the sketch show will kick off this Saturday, September 15 with Seth MacFarlane as the host and Frank Ocean as musical guest. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Craig are other hosts who have been tapped for the forthcoming season.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Britney Spears Freaks Out After Sex Tape Leaks Online