'Saturday Night Live' Adds Three Second City Members to Cast Ensemble
Some are leaving, and some are coming on "Saturday Night Live" this year. Following the departures of Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg and Abby Elliott, the show has hired Aidy Bryant, Tim Robinson and Cecily Strong as new featured players for the upcoming 38th season. NBC made the casting news official just a few days after it was reported that the show was close to sign Bryant and Robinson.
Bryant trained with iO Chicago, Annoyance Theatre and was an ensemble member of the Second City E.T.C Stage. Robinson performed on the Second City Mainstage and in their National Touring Company. He has also performed at the iO Theater in Chicago and at the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal. Strong was also a member of the Second City National Touring Company and has studied at the iO Theater.
The new season of the sketch show will kick off this Saturday, September 15 with Seth MacFarlane as the host and Frank Ocean as musical guest. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Craig are other hosts who have been tapped for the forthcoming season.
More Saturday Night Live News
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise