'Kick-Ass 2' Set Photo Allegedly Unveils First Look at Mother Russia
As Jeff Wadlow began the production of "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall" in Ontario, Canada, a number of on-set photos made their way around the web. Among those pictures, there was one which allegedly provided a first look at one of the film's significant characters, Mother Russia.
The said photo, obtained by Comic Book Movie, showed an image of a muscular woman who was clad in what seemed to be Mother Russia full costume. She donned two-piece red costume and an eye patch. Though the face of the woman wasn't really clear since she didn't look at the camera, she bore a resemblance to Olga Kurkulina with her signature short blond hair.
Additionally, there were a number of set photos that offered a look at the neighborhood used to shoot the movie. There were some damaged NYPD police cars spotted on the set. An onlooker said that there was an explosion scene, while some others reported that the cars were lifted into the air with the help of hydraulics.
The news about Kurkulina's possible appearance on the set of "Kick-Ass 2" emerged shortly after she confirmed that she snatched the part of Mother Russia. "I competed against other candidates from America, Switzerland and Holland. I spent three weeks in the casting, which took place at Pinewood studios. At the end, the director told me that I was getting a role. This was a difficult time psychologically and physically," she told Russia's Iron World.
"Many people worked hard and from the heart to help me. On August 30th we fly to Toronto for a month's shooting on location, and then we go back to London where stunts will be filmed at a local studio," she continued, as translated by Bleeding Cool. "Now I'm train hard, learning new movements for attack and defense working with professionals on my acting and speech training."
Slated for a June 28, 2013 release, "Kick-Ass 2" also stars Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Nicolas Cage, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jim Carrey, John Leguizamo, Yancy Butler, Robert Emms, Morris Chestnut, Andy Nyman and Claudia Lee.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce