John Mayer Accused of Receiving Dirty Money
John Mayer is named as one of the people who received the dirty money from a Ponzi scheme. The "Your Body Is Wonderland" singer allegedly has as much as $465,000 out of the $100 million funds that Darren Berg's investment company swindled from investors.
Berg has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for the scheme. Per TMZ, trustees are tracking down where the lost money went and are suing everyone they can to recover it. Mayer allegedly received the money via a booking agency that took the payment from Berg's company. However, it is unclear what kind of connection the agency Grabow & Associates and the company has.
Mayer has responded to the lawsuit through his representative, saying "John Mayer performed at a corporate event in 2008 and was paid for his services. The opportunity was brought to John through his talent agency, CAA."
No rule yet on the case.
More John Mayer News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4