John Mayer Accused of Receiving Dirty Money
John Mayer is named as one of the people who received the dirty money from a Ponzi scheme. The "Your Body Is Wonderland" singer allegedly has as much as $465,000 out of the $100 million funds that Darren Berg's investment company swindled from investors.
Berg has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for the scheme. Per TMZ, trustees are tracking down where the lost money went and are suing everyone they can to recover it. Mayer allegedly received the money via a booking agency that took the payment from Berg's company. However, it is unclear what kind of connection the agency Grabow & Associates and the company has.
Mayer has responded to the lawsuit through his representative, saying "John Mayer performed at a corporate event in 2008 and was paid for his services. The opportunity was brought to John through his talent agency, CAA."
No rule yet on the case.
More John Mayer News
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future