John Mayer Accused of Receiving Dirty Money
John Mayer is named as one of the people who received the dirty money from a Ponzi scheme. The "Your Body Is Wonderland" singer allegedly has as much as $465,000 out of the $100 million funds that Darren Berg's investment company swindled from investors.
Berg has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for the scheme. Per TMZ, trustees are tracking down where the lost money went and are suing everyone they can to recover it. Mayer allegedly received the money via a booking agency that took the payment from Berg's company. However, it is unclear what kind of connection the agency Grabow & Associates and the company has.
Mayer has responded to the lawsuit through his representative, saying "John Mayer performed at a corporate event in 2008 and was paid for his services. The opportunity was brought to John through his talent agency, CAA."
No rule yet on the case.
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why