John Mayer Accused of Receiving Dirty Money
John Mayer is named as one of the people who received the dirty money from a Ponzi scheme. The "Your Body Is Wonderland" singer allegedly has as much as $465,000 out of the $100 million funds that Darren Berg's investment company swindled from investors.
Berg has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for the scheme. Per TMZ, trustees are tracking down where the lost money went and are suing everyone they can to recover it. Mayer allegedly received the money via a booking agency that took the payment from Berg's company. However, it is unclear what kind of connection the agency Grabow & Associates and the company has.
Mayer has responded to the lawsuit through his representative, saying "John Mayer performed at a corporate event in 2008 and was paid for his services. The opportunity was brought to John through his talent agency, CAA."
No rule yet on the case.
More John Mayer News
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson