John Mayer Accused of Receiving Dirty Money
John Mayer is named as one of the people who received the dirty money from a Ponzi scheme. The "Your Body Is Wonderland" singer allegedly has as much as $465,000 out of the $100 million funds that Darren Berg's investment company swindled from investors.
Berg has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for the scheme. Per TMZ, trustees are tracking down where the lost money went and are suing everyone they can to recover it. Mayer allegedly received the money via a booking agency that took the payment from Berg's company. However, it is unclear what kind of connection the agency Grabow & Associates and the company has.
Mayer has responded to the lawsuit through his representative, saying "John Mayer performed at a corporate event in 2008 and was paid for his services. The opportunity was brought to John through his talent agency, CAA."
No rule yet on the case.
More John Mayer News
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women