Scarlett Johansson Cozying Up to Jared Leto at Democratic National Convention
It looked like Scarlett Johansson and Jared Leto, who were romantically linked years ago, reminiscing about their good ol' days when crossing paths at the Democratic National Convention recently. The actress sat next to the rocker and they were caught on camera getting cozy with each other.
In one of the pictures, ScarJo was seen leaning against the 30 Seconds to Mars frontman while holding hands with him. In another, he held her ankle when she planted her leg on her seat and turned around to talk to fellow attendees. She returned the gesture by reaching out for his hand.
The Black Widow of "The Avengers" donned a brown tuxedo jacket, an American-flag t-shirt and a pair of maroon pants. Jared, meanwhile, wore a black suit on top of a white button-down and a pair of denims. The couple shared laughs and took pictures of themselves with a cell phone.
Despite the sighting, a rep for ScarJo said, "Scarlett is still dating Nate [Naylor]. This is very innocent. Scarlett and Jared have remained friends, nothing more, nothing less. Let's concentrate on the DNC and her speech, which is exponentially more important."
ScarJo was one of the speakers at the event. She urged young people to vote in the upcoming election. "It's an honor to be here tonight. I speak to you not as a representative of young Hollywood, but as a representative of the many millions of young Americans, particularly young women, who depend on public and nonprofit programs to help them survive," she said.
"When I was a little girl, my mother ... would take me into the polling booth, and tell me which buttons to press and when to pull the lever. ... I remember the excitement I felt in that secret box," she recalled. "This last election, I finally got to punch those buttons for me, for real. I wore my 'I voted' pin the whole day. It was my finest accessory."
Another speaker Eva Longoria said, "Mitt Romney would raise taxes on middle-class families to cut his own - and mine. And that's not who we are as a nation, and let me tell you why: because the Eva Longoria who worked at Wendy's flipping burgers - she needed a tax break. But the Eva Longoria who works on movie sets does not."
Other celebrities spotted at the event included Jon Hamm, Olivia Wilde, Zach Braff, Don Cheadle and Elizabeth Banks.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!