Scarlett Johansson Cozying Up to Jared Leto at Democratic National Convention
It looked like Scarlett Johansson and Jared Leto, who were romantically linked years ago, reminiscing about their good ol' days when crossing paths at the Democratic National Convention recently. The actress sat next to the rocker and they were caught on camera getting cozy with each other.
In one of the pictures, ScarJo was seen leaning against the 30 Seconds to Mars frontman while holding hands with him. In another, he held her ankle when she planted her leg on her seat and turned around to talk to fellow attendees. She returned the gesture by reaching out for his hand.
The Black Widow of "The Avengers" donned a brown tuxedo jacket, an American-flag t-shirt and a pair of maroon pants. Jared, meanwhile, wore a black suit on top of a white button-down and a pair of denims. The couple shared laughs and took pictures of themselves with a cell phone.
Despite the sighting, a rep for ScarJo said, "Scarlett is still dating Nate [Naylor]. This is very innocent. Scarlett and Jared have remained friends, nothing more, nothing less. Let's concentrate on the DNC and her speech, which is exponentially more important."
ScarJo was one of the speakers at the event. She urged young people to vote in the upcoming election. "It's an honor to be here tonight. I speak to you not as a representative of young Hollywood, but as a representative of the many millions of young Americans, particularly young women, who depend on public and nonprofit programs to help them survive," she said.
"When I was a little girl, my mother ... would take me into the polling booth, and tell me which buttons to press and when to pull the lever. ... I remember the excitement I felt in that secret box," she recalled. "This last election, I finally got to punch those buttons for me, for real. I wore my 'I voted' pin the whole day. It was my finest accessory."
Another speaker Eva Longoria said, "Mitt Romney would raise taxes on middle-class families to cut his own - and mine. And that's not who we are as a nation, and let me tell you why: because the Eva Longoria who worked at Wendy's flipping burgers - she needed a tax break. But the Eva Longoria who works on movie sets does not."
Other celebrities spotted at the event included Jon Hamm, Olivia Wilde, Zach Braff, Don Cheadle and Elizabeth Banks.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes