Video: Taylor Swift Debuts New Song 'Ronan' at Stand Up to Cancer Telethon
Taylor Swift continues to give back to the community. Just one day after celebrating MTV Video Music Awards, she showed up at Stand Up to Cancer telethon to help raise funds for the good cause at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. She debuted a new song called "Ronan" in an acoustic set.
Sitting on a stool with a band member strumming a guitar in the background, Taylor sang bittersweet lyrics about a 4-year-old Ronan who lost battle against cancer. She wrote the song with his mother Maya Thompson in his memory, and would donate all proceeds from the song to the charity.
Another VMAs musical guest Alicia Keys also made a live performance, singing a song called "Not Even the King". Coldplay supported the fundraiser with their hit single "Paradise", and Tim McGraw wrapped up the show with his song "Live Like You Were Dying".
Robert Pattinson urged people to pick up their phones and make donations to benefit cancer research. Among the stars who answered the phone calls included "Modern Family" star Eric Stonestreet, "True Blood" hunk Joe Manganiello and basketball player Kobe Bryant.
In his speech, Rob picked up where Jeremy Renner left off after the latter talked about a new gene therapy to help cancer patients. "See, this is what happens when you support this movement," he gushed. "Every cent goes to the kind of research that is finding real breakthroughs and changing the lives of patients and their families right now."
Other celebrities on hand to help the good cause included Gwyneth Paltrow, Halle Berry, Justin Timberlake, Tom Hanks, Jessica Biel, Samuel L. Jackson, Julia Roberts, Katie Couric, Michael Douglas, Sofia Vergara and Matt Damon.
More Taylor Swift News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab