First Look: Lee Pace as King Thranduil in 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey'
How Lee Pace will look like as Legolas' father King Thranduil in "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" has finally been uncovered. In a scanned image that hits the web via The Noldor, New Zealand, Pace is featured rocking a full attire of the long-haired blond king complete with his trusty sword and elaborate headdress.
The picture itself is taken from a children's book for the Peter Jackson-directed film called "The Hobbit (An Unexpected Journey) Almanac 2013" published by HarperCollins. The book describes Thranduil as "an old and powerful Elf" who is "cunning warrior who has fought in many battles."
As the Elvenking, Thranduil rules the Wood Elves who live in Mirkwood. He is also the father of Legolas (played by Orlando Bloom), who will go on to have his own great adventures with Bilbo (Martin Freeman)'s cousin Frodo (Elijah Wood).
Slated for a December 14 release, the first "Hobbit" film follows the journey of Bilbo, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by Gandalf, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin.
The epic movie is also supported by Benedict Cumberbatch, Aidan Turner, Christopher Lee, Evangeline Lilly, Richard Armitage, Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, Cate Blanchett, Stephen Fry, Bret McKenzie, Luke Evans, Hugo Weaving and Billy Connolly.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'