Matthew Perry Wants David Beckham for 'Go On'
Matthew Perry is looking for another athlete to star on his new comedy "Go On". The lead actor of the NBC freshman series reportedly sets his eyes on David Beckham and has reached out to the British soccer player to cameo on the show.
Should the rumor be true and the deal be sealed, the husband of Victoria Adams will join other athletes, Chris Bosh, Terrell Owens and Jeremy Roenick, who were earlier booked to guest star on the Scott Silveri-created comedy. The showrunner recently told The Hollywood Reporter that agents and other sports stars have contacted him to land cameos.
"Go On" centers on Perry's Ryan King, a sports-talk radio host who recently lost his wife in a car accident. After taking some time off, he's ready to get back to work, but his boss insists he needs to seek counseling.
The show was premiered post-Olympic coverage last August and pulled a big number of audience. It drew 16.1 million viewers and delivered a 5.6 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. It will return with new episodes starting Tuesday, September 11 at 9/8c.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune