Matthew Perry Wants David Beckham for 'Go On'
Matthew Perry is looking for another athlete to star on his new comedy "Go On". The lead actor of the NBC freshman series reportedly sets his eyes on David Beckham and has reached out to the British soccer player to cameo on the show.
Should the rumor be true and the deal be sealed, the husband of Victoria Adams will join other athletes, Chris Bosh, Terrell Owens and Jeremy Roenick, who were earlier booked to guest star on the Scott Silveri-created comedy. The showrunner recently told The Hollywood Reporter that agents and other sports stars have contacted him to land cameos.
"Go On" centers on Perry's Ryan King, a sports-talk radio host who recently lost his wife in a car accident. After taking some time off, he's ready to get back to work, but his boss insists he needs to seek counseling.
The show was premiered post-Olympic coverage last August and pulled a big number of audience. It drew 16.1 million viewers and delivered a 5.6 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. It will return with new episodes starting Tuesday, September 11 at 9/8c.
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie