Matthew Perry Wants David Beckham for 'Go On'
Matthew Perry is looking for another athlete to star on his new comedy "Go On". The lead actor of the NBC freshman series reportedly sets his eyes on David Beckham and has reached out to the British soccer player to cameo on the show.
Should the rumor be true and the deal be sealed, the husband of Victoria Adams will join other athletes, Chris Bosh, Terrell Owens and Jeremy Roenick, who were earlier booked to guest star on the Scott Silveri-created comedy. The showrunner recently told The Hollywood Reporter that agents and other sports stars have contacted him to land cameos.
"Go On" centers on Perry's Ryan King, a sports-talk radio host who recently lost his wife in a car accident. After taking some time off, he's ready to get back to work, but his boss insists he needs to seek counseling.
The show was premiered post-Olympic coverage last August and pulled a big number of audience. It drew 16.1 million viewers and delivered a 5.6 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. It will return with new episodes starting Tuesday, September 11 at 9/8c.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media