'The Bachelor': Arie Rules Out His Participation, Ryan Lochte Is Out of the Running
While waiting for ABC's official announcement of the next star of "The Bachelor", fans can remove Arie Luyendyk, Jr. and Ryan Lochte from the shortlist. The race car driver was named a frontrunner for the upcoming installment of the reality series along with Sean Lowe, but he has dismissed the rumor.
"Just to clarify I will not be the next Bachelor. I am however pursuing opportunities in @Indycar & RolexSeries," so the runner-up of "The Bachelorette" season 8 wrote on his Twitter. The 30-year-old who was dumped by Emily Maynard even before their final date added, "The heart wants what the heart wants."
Previously, E! Online reported that Arie and Sean were top choices for the dating show, while Ryan was "out of the running." A source told the site, "We honestly briefly considered him [Ryan]. But we are going elsewhere. It's really down to Arie and Sean."
The Olympic medalist himself is now said to be pitching his own reality show that "will focus on his training, his love life and his new fashion line." A so-called insider gushed, "Ryan's a fun guy who will be great on TV," before adding that the swimmer's father and brother would also appear on the show as regulars.
The "Bachelor" host Chris Harrison recently said Emily's other former suitor Roberto Martinez was also in the mix of possible star. Executive producer Mike Fleiss, meanwhile, teased through his tweet on Monday, September 3 that they would chose the Bachelor this week.
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12