Katie Holmes' Named Bobbi Brown's Face, Steps Out for First Official Appearance Post-Split
Katie Holmes continues landing new jobs following her split from Tom Cruise. The actress, who has been set to appear on Broadway play "Dead Accounts", has been officially named the first ever celebrity face of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.
"Bobbi is exceptionally talented and Bobbi Brown cosmetics is a company that we, as women, all turn to because it is makeup that is very accessible and makes you feel pretty," the mother of 6-year-old Suri Cruise said. "Makeup is powerful and I am thrilled to be a part of this brand."
On her brand's new spokesperson, Bobbi gushed, "We weren't looking for a celebrity, just a cool, amazing woman who would fit with our brand. And she's just ridiculously naturally beautiful." Their collaboration will start soon as the founder and CEO of the cosmetic giant is set to do the makeup for Holmes & Yang presentation at New York Fashion Week on Wednesday, September 12.
Katie will start being featured in new ads for the brand's 2013 spring campaign. In fall next year, her name will appear on a capsule collection of cosmetics. Women's Wear Daily estimated that the 33-year-old brunette would earn between $2 million and $3 million for a multiyear deal.
Just a day before Bobbi Brown announced Katie as its new face, the Rachel Dawes of "Batman Begins" made her first official public appearance post-divorce at the 9th Annual Style Awards in NYC on September 5. Donning a black button-down and gold knee-length skirt, she was all smiles when presenting an award to fashion designer Carolina Herrera.
Meanwhile, in an interview with WWD, Katie shared her feelings about being followed by the media. "I have a lot of feelings about the press," she admitted, before adding, "There are a lot of people with much bigger problems and who are less fortunate. I try to keep it all in perspective."
Speaking about the difference between acting for film and on stage, she explained, "I think both film and stage are so challenging, but in different ways. With film, yeah, you have another take, but a lot of the time you're losing the light, so you better nail it on that take. I haven't found any part of acting to be easy."
She additionally opened up about her consideration in taking a role. "As an actress looking for new characters that have something to say," so she claimed. "I always try to find projects that have a purpose and a message, and a real character - someone who either is flawed in a way we feel accessible to them or as a character you go to the movies and want to be."
More Katie Holmes News
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna