MTV VMAs 2012: One Direction Perform 'One Thing'
Much-hyped boyband One Direction did not disappoint as the fans gathering around the stage of MTV Video Music Awards swooned and reached out for the boys at what they called their best performance so far. Zayn Malik, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan and Liam Payne catered the crowd with their hit song, "One Thing".
The boys delivered an energetic performance, leading the screaming fans to dance and jump in their seats. Celebrity guests that included Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson and Katy Perry were all smiles as they watched the boys and sang along with them. Their performance ended after they stepped onto a platform and were raised a few feet above the floor.
Before their performance, the boys took the stage to collect Best Pop Video award for a music video of their smash hit "What Makes You Beautiful". The gong was presented to them by no other than the "Teenage Dream" singer and the ex-wife of Russell Brand, Katy.
The British group put together by Simon Cowell for "The X Factor" seventh season collected a total of two prizes. At the live show, they additionally won Best Pop Video and Best New Artist awards. They also grabbed Most Share Worthy Video for the same song "What makes You Beautiful" during the pre show.
Other big winners include three controversial recording artists who were rumored to have been involved in a love triangle of some sort. Drake bagged Best Hip Hop Video, Chris Brown collected Best Male Video, and Rihanna got Video of the Year for her "We Found Love" visuals.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'