Report: Daniel Craig Already Signs Deal to Star in Two More James Bond Movies
The latest James Bond film "Skyfall" hasn't opened in theaters anywhere, but its lead actor Daniel Craig has reportedly already signed a deal to star in two more installments of the famous spy franchise. 007 fansite MI6 has shared the words that Craig has sealed the contracts to star in the 24th and 25th Bond movies.
EON Productions has yet to confirm the news, but it was said that Sony Pictures executives have been "alluding to a return to the two-year cycle to produce the 007 adventures, which would peg Bond 24 as a late 2014 release."
Should the report be true, this would confirm previous speculation that Craig could be the longest serving James Bond actor in the franchise. Back in December 2011, producer Michael G Wilson hinted that the blue-eyed actor was poised to continue starring as the leading man in the 007 series because he's "a terrific Bond, a superb actor and a terrific man."
Calling Craig a fan-favorite Bond, Wilson continued, "It's certainly something we'll be discussing with him once we finish shooting Skyfall. Filming has gone very well so far and I'd love Daniel to surpass Roger [Moore]'s record and do eight pictures. Daniel's been an absolute pleasure to be around because he takes the role so seriously."
Craig has played the British secret agent two times in both "Casino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace". He will reprise the prestigious role in "Skyfall", which is set to arrive in the U.S. on November 9.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip