Kevin Hart Defends Kristen Stewart at MTV VMAs: People Make Mistake
While both Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson avoided talking about her cheating scandal that led to their breakup, fellow celebrity Kevin Hart was quite happy to fill in with his own opinion. He talked about "the elephant in the room" when hosting MTV Video Music Awards on Thurdsay, September 6.
In front of star-studded crowd flocking to the Staples Center, the comedian said, "Nobody wants me to talk about it, but I'll do what I want ... I'm the host, it's live, you can't stop me from saying what I want to say. I want to talk about Kristen Stewart. I said it! I'm [gonna] say somethin'! Don't anybody say nothin'!"
"Everybody's mad at Kristen Stewart for making a mistake," the host added. "She allegedly messed around with the director of 'Snow White and the Huntsman'. If she did, so what? It's over. Move on. Look on the bride side, they're now a part of the seven dwarfs. You've got sleepy, grumpy, adultery, cheating."
"The point that I'm making is this, if you made a mistake . . . so what!" Hart continued, before listing some of the most controversial VMAs moments based on his observation. "Britney Spears and Madonna when they kissed . . . Russell Brand hosted - twice!" he said, including the obvious choice, Kanye West interrupting Taylor Swift's speech.
Pattinson was there at the Staples Center that night to promote his new movie "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II". His co-star Kristen was absent from the show to fly to Canada for 2012 Toronto International Film Festival as part of "On the Road" crew.
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'