Kevin Hart Defends Kristen Stewart at MTV VMAs: People Make Mistake
While both Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson avoided talking about her cheating scandal that led to their breakup, fellow celebrity Kevin Hart was quite happy to fill in with his own opinion. He talked about "the elephant in the room" when hosting MTV Video Music Awards on Thurdsay, September 6.
In front of star-studded crowd flocking to the Staples Center, the comedian said, "Nobody wants me to talk about it, but I'll do what I want ... I'm the host, it's live, you can't stop me from saying what I want to say. I want to talk about Kristen Stewart. I said it! I'm [gonna] say somethin'! Don't anybody say nothin'!"
"Everybody's mad at Kristen Stewart for making a mistake," the host added. "She allegedly messed around with the director of 'Snow White and the Huntsman'. If she did, so what? It's over. Move on. Look on the bride side, they're now a part of the seven dwarfs. You've got sleepy, grumpy, adultery, cheating."
"The point that I'm making is this, if you made a mistake . . . so what!" Hart continued, before listing some of the most controversial VMAs moments based on his observation. "Britney Spears and Madonna when they kissed . . . Russell Brand hosted - twice!" he said, including the obvious choice, Kanye West interrupting Taylor Swift's speech.
Pattinson was there at the Staples Center that night to promote his new movie "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II". His co-star Kristen was absent from the show to fly to Canada for 2012 Toronto International Film Festival as part of "On the Road" crew.
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order