Kevin Hart Defends Kristen Stewart at MTV VMAs: People Make Mistake
While both Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson avoided talking about her cheating scandal that led to their breakup, fellow celebrity Kevin Hart was quite happy to fill in with his own opinion. He talked about "the elephant in the room" when hosting MTV Video Music Awards on Thurdsay, September 6.
In front of star-studded crowd flocking to the Staples Center, the comedian said, "Nobody wants me to talk about it, but I'll do what I want ... I'm the host, it's live, you can't stop me from saying what I want to say. I want to talk about Kristen Stewart. I said it! I'm [gonna] say somethin'! Don't anybody say nothin'!"
"Everybody's mad at Kristen Stewart for making a mistake," the host added. "She allegedly messed around with the director of 'Snow White and the Huntsman'. If she did, so what? It's over. Move on. Look on the bride side, they're now a part of the seven dwarfs. You've got sleepy, grumpy, adultery, cheating."
"The point that I'm making is this, if you made a mistake . . . so what!" Hart continued, before listing some of the most controversial VMAs moments based on his observation. "Britney Spears and Madonna when they kissed . . . Russell Brand hosted - twice!" he said, including the obvious choice, Kanye West interrupting Taylor Swift's speech.
Pattinson was there at the Staples Center that night to promote his new movie "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II". His co-star Kristen was absent from the show to fly to Canada for 2012 Toronto International Film Festival as part of "On the Road" crew.
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy