Amy Poehler Split From Will Arnett After Nine Years of Marriage
Amy Poehler and her actor husband of nine years, Will Arnett, call it quits. The split between the former "Saturday Night Live" member and the "Arrested Development" actor is "very amicable," a source tells Us Weekly.
Amy, 40, and Will, 42, started dating in 2000, a year before she landed a spot on "SNL". When he saw her, he "immediately had a talent crush" on her. "The first time I saw her onstage, I said, 'I'm gonna marry that girl'," he gushed to PEOPLE.
"I was always attracted to funny people, and Will is so talented and funny," she said of him in return when doing an interview with Glamour magazine. "We are genuinely each other's fans and we love what the other does. I don't know a lot of other couples where you're with your partner and you're like, 'I love what you do at work!' "
After dating for two years, the couple got married on August 29, 2003. It was the first marriage for her and the second for him. He was previously married to Penelope Ann Miller. Amy and Will have two children together, Archie, 3, and Abel, 2.
Since they first met, the pair has shared screen in the likes of "Arrested Development", "Blades of Glory", "Horton Hears a Who!", "On Broadway", "Spring Breakdown, "Monsters vs. Aliens", and "Parks and Recreation".
More Amy Poehler News
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury