Amy Poehler Split From Will Arnett After Nine Years of Marriage
Amy Poehler and her actor husband of nine years, Will Arnett, call it quits. The split between the former "Saturday Night Live" member and the "Arrested Development" actor is "very amicable," a source tells Us Weekly.
Amy, 40, and Will, 42, started dating in 2000, a year before she landed a spot on "SNL". When he saw her, he "immediately had a talent crush" on her. "The first time I saw her onstage, I said, 'I'm gonna marry that girl'," he gushed to PEOPLE.
"I was always attracted to funny people, and Will is so talented and funny," she said of him in return when doing an interview with Glamour magazine. "We are genuinely each other's fans and we love what the other does. I don't know a lot of other couples where you're with your partner and you're like, 'I love what you do at work!' "
After dating for two years, the couple got married on August 29, 2003. It was the first marriage for her and the second for him. He was previously married to Penelope Ann Miller. Amy and Will have two children together, Archie, 3, and Abel, 2.
Since they first met, the pair has shared screen in the likes of "Arrested Development", "Blades of Glory", "Horton Hears a Who!", "On Broadway", "Spring Breakdown, "Monsters vs. Aliens", and "Parks and Recreation".
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers