Amy Poehler Split From Will Arnett After Nine Years of Marriage
Amy Poehler and her actor husband of nine years, Will Arnett, call it quits. The split between the former "Saturday Night Live" member and the "Arrested Development" actor is "very amicable," a source tells Us Weekly.
Amy, 40, and Will, 42, started dating in 2000, a year before she landed a spot on "SNL". When he saw her, he "immediately had a talent crush" on her. "The first time I saw her onstage, I said, 'I'm gonna marry that girl'," he gushed to PEOPLE.
"I was always attracted to funny people, and Will is so talented and funny," she said of him in return when doing an interview with Glamour magazine. "We are genuinely each other's fans and we love what the other does. I don't know a lot of other couples where you're with your partner and you're like, 'I love what you do at work!' "
After dating for two years, the couple got married on August 29, 2003. It was the first marriage for her and the second for him. He was previously married to Penelope Ann Miller. Amy and Will have two children together, Archie, 3, and Abel, 2.
Since they first met, the pair has shared screen in the likes of "Arrested Development", "Blades of Glory", "Horton Hears a Who!", "On Broadway", "Spring Breakdown, "Monsters vs. Aliens", and "Parks and Recreation".
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease