Bruce Willis to Be CIA Mentor to an 'American Assassin'
Bruce Willis is close to secure his latest big screen project. The actor, who will soon be seen playing the older version of Joseph Gordon-Levitt in "Looper", is currently in talks to land a role in a new action movie called "American Assassin".
Per Variety, Willis is expected to tackle the part of a CIA agent in the upcoming Lorenzo di Bonaventura-produced movie. Serving as the director will be Jeffrey Nachmanoff with Mike Finch providing the screenplay.
Developed at CBS Films, "American Assassin" follows a former Syracuse grad student named Mitch Rapp. After his girlfriend was killed during a terrorist attack, Rapp joins the CIA. Willis' character will be an operative who serves as a mentor to Rapp.
The new movie is scheduled to kick off the production in Monteral sometime in the fall of 2013. It will mark Willis' reunion with di Bonaventura after they worked together in 2010's "Red". The studio is currently looking for the lead protagonist who will be the protege of Willis' character.
Willis, who has recently starred in "The Expendables 2", has just wrapped the filming of "A Good Day to Die Hard" in Europe. In addition to "Looper", he will next be seen starring as General Joseph Colton in "G.I. Joe: Retaliation".
More American Assassin News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie