Bruce Willis to Be CIA Mentor to an 'American Assassin'
Bruce Willis is close to secure his latest big screen project. The actor, who will soon be seen playing the older version of Joseph Gordon-Levitt in "Looper", is currently in talks to land a role in a new action movie called "American Assassin".
Per Variety, Willis is expected to tackle the part of a CIA agent in the upcoming Lorenzo di Bonaventura-produced movie. Serving as the director will be Jeffrey Nachmanoff with Mike Finch providing the screenplay.
Developed at CBS Films, "American Assassin" follows a former Syracuse grad student named Mitch Rapp. After his girlfriend was killed during a terrorist attack, Rapp joins the CIA. Willis' character will be an operative who serves as a mentor to Rapp.
The new movie is scheduled to kick off the production in Monteral sometime in the fall of 2013. It will mark Willis' reunion with di Bonaventura after they worked together in 2010's "Red". The studio is currently looking for the lead protagonist who will be the protege of Willis' character.
Willis, who has recently starred in "The Expendables 2", has just wrapped the filming of "A Good Day to Die Hard" in Europe. In addition to "Looper", he will next be seen starring as General Joseph Colton in "G.I. Joe: Retaliation".
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell