'Downton Abbey' Debuts Dramatic Trailer for Season 3
While "Downton Abbey" isn't going to return on PBS until early 2013, the third season of the period drama series will premiere this September on ITV1. Thus, a new trailer has been released to give an extended preview to some emotional scenes that can be found in the next chapter.
The arrival of Martha Levinson (Shirley MacLaine), Edith and Sir Anthony Strallan's romantic moment, and Mr. Bates in jail are some of the scenes featured in the snippet, which is set to a choir's rendition of Lou Reed's "Perfect Day". Branson, the Earl and Thomas are seemingly going to get through a hard time as they shed tears in the video.
"Downton Abbey" season 3 will be set in the 1920s. Creator Julian Fellowes said, "This season is about the recovery from the war. The war brought a tremendous disruption to England. There are chills and spills involved in that for all the characters ... some laughs and some tears."
In addition to MacLaine, new faces that will be featured in the Emmy-winning show include Matt Milne who is cast as a footman named Alfred, and MyAnna Buring who takes the role of forward-thinking servant Edna.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked