'Downton Abbey' Debuts Dramatic Trailer for Season 3
While "Downton Abbey" isn't going to return on PBS until early 2013, the third season of the period drama series will premiere this September on ITV1. Thus, a new trailer has been released to give an extended preview to some emotional scenes that can be found in the next chapter.
The arrival of Martha Levinson (Shirley MacLaine), Edith and Sir Anthony Strallan's romantic moment, and Mr. Bates in jail are some of the scenes featured in the snippet, which is set to a choir's rendition of Lou Reed's "Perfect Day". Branson, the Earl and Thomas are seemingly going to get through a hard time as they shed tears in the video.
"Downton Abbey" season 3 will be set in the 1920s. Creator Julian Fellowes said, "This season is about the recovery from the war. The war brought a tremendous disruption to England. There are chills and spills involved in that for all the characters ... some laughs and some tears."
In addition to MacLaine, new faces that will be featured in the Emmy-winning show include Matt Milne who is cast as a footman named Alfred, and MyAnna Buring who takes the role of forward-thinking servant Edna.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen