'Downton Abbey' Debuts Dramatic Trailer for Season 3
While "Downton Abbey" isn't going to return on PBS until early 2013, the third season of the period drama series will premiere this September on ITV1. Thus, a new trailer has been released to give an extended preview to some emotional scenes that can be found in the next chapter.
The arrival of Martha Levinson (Shirley MacLaine), Edith and Sir Anthony Strallan's romantic moment, and Mr. Bates in jail are some of the scenes featured in the snippet, which is set to a choir's rendition of Lou Reed's "Perfect Day". Branson, the Earl and Thomas are seemingly going to get through a hard time as they shed tears in the video.
"Downton Abbey" season 3 will be set in the 1920s. Creator Julian Fellowes said, "This season is about the recovery from the war. The war brought a tremendous disruption to England. There are chills and spills involved in that for all the characters ... some laughs and some tears."
In addition to MacLaine, new faces that will be featured in the Emmy-winning show include Matt Milne who is cast as a footman named Alfred, and MyAnna Buring who takes the role of forward-thinking servant Edna.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour