Jose Padilha Denies Rumors That He Faces Hellish Time During 'RoboCop' Production
Contrary to the swirling rumors, director Jose Padilha claimed he didn't have a problem working on the "RoboCop" remake. Pouring cold water on the report suggesting that he had a hellish time during the production of the sci-fi film, the Brazilian filmmaker insisted that he's indeed "happy" with the big project.
In an interview with Brazilian site Cinema em Cena, Padilha said that those claims about him being unhappy with "RoboCop" were untrue. "I have a script I'm happy with and I got the cast I have picked," he explained, as translated by Latino Review.
"The director of photography is Lula Carvalho, my editor is Daniel Rezende ("City of God", "Elite Squad", "The Tree of Life"). I was even consulted for the selection of the producers," he continued. The director said that he has overcome the barrier he faced during the pre-production stage of the film, "We deal with those difficulties with coolness and familiarity."
Previously, words ran rampant that Padilha was facing difficulties in handling the reboot film and he even called it "hell." His close friend Fernando Meirelles reportedly told South American website Cinemacom Rapadura that the "Elite Squad" helmer "suffered" so much while working on the sci-fi project.
"I talked to Jose Padilha for a week by phone. He will begin filming RoboCop. He is saying that it is the worst experience. For every 10 ideas he has, 9 are cut. Whatever he wants, he has to fight," Meirelles said. " 'This is hell here,' he told me. 'The film will be good, but I never suffered so much and do not want to do it again.' He is bitter, but it's a fighter."
"RoboCop" is scheduled to open in the U.S. on August 9, 2013. It stars the likes of Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Abbie Cornish, Jay Baruchel, Jackie Earle Haley and Michael Keaton.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked