Kellie Pickler Shaved Head Clean for Cancer-Stricken Best Friend
Kellie Pickler showed a compassion when she publicly shaved her head bald on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, September 5. The former "American Idol" finalist threw away her blonde locks to show a solidarity for a friend who has battled breast cancer.
"Cancer does not discriminate," Pickler said. Her best friend Summer Holt Miller was diagnosed with breast cancer in June, had a mastectomy and will start the chemotherapy on Thursday. "If this compels even one person to change their mentality toward waiting until the age of 40 for their mammogram, then it will be worth it," Miller said.
Calling it a "life-changing day", Pickler wrote on her website, "I was told that it was mentally much easier to do it this way than to wake up with my hair on my pillow. I'm really not that apprehensive about shaving my head. It is hair and it will grow back."
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'