Kellie Pickler Shaved Head Clean for Cancer-Stricken Best Friend
Kellie Pickler showed a compassion when she publicly shaved her head bald on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, September 5. The former "American Idol" finalist threw away her blonde locks to show a solidarity for a friend who has battled breast cancer.
"Cancer does not discriminate," Pickler said. Her best friend Summer Holt Miller was diagnosed with breast cancer in June, had a mastectomy and will start the chemotherapy on Thursday. "If this compels even one person to change their mentality toward waiting until the age of 40 for their mammogram, then it will be worth it," Miller said.
Calling it a "life-changing day", Pickler wrote on her website, "I was told that it was mentally much easier to do it this way than to wake up with my hair on my pillow. I'm really not that apprehensive about shaving my head. It is hair and it will grow back."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media