Kellie Pickler Shaved Head Clean for Cancer-Stricken Best Friend
Kellie Pickler showed a compassion when she publicly shaved her head bald on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, September 5. The former "American Idol" finalist threw away her blonde locks to show a solidarity for a friend who has battled breast cancer.
"Cancer does not discriminate," Pickler said. Her best friend Summer Holt Miller was diagnosed with breast cancer in June, had a mastectomy and will start the chemotherapy on Thursday. "If this compels even one person to change their mentality toward waiting until the age of 40 for their mammogram, then it will be worth it," Miller said.
Calling it a "life-changing day", Pickler wrote on her website, "I was told that it was mentally much easier to do it this way than to wake up with my hair on my pillow. I'm really not that apprehensive about shaving my head. It is hair and it will grow back."
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie