Kellie Pickler Shaved Head Clean for Cancer-Stricken Best Friend
Kellie Pickler showed a compassion when she publicly shaved her head bald on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, September 5. The former "American Idol" finalist threw away her blonde locks to show a solidarity for a friend who has battled breast cancer.
"Cancer does not discriminate," Pickler said. Her best friend Summer Holt Miller was diagnosed with breast cancer in June, had a mastectomy and will start the chemotherapy on Thursday. "If this compels even one person to change their mentality toward waiting until the age of 40 for their mammogram, then it will be worth it," Miller said.
Calling it a "life-changing day", Pickler wrote on her website, "I was told that it was mentally much easier to do it this way than to wake up with my hair on my pillow. I'm really not that apprehensive about shaving my head. It is hair and it will grow back."
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending