Kellie Pickler Shaved Head Clean for Cancer-Stricken Best Friend
Kellie Pickler showed a compassion when she publicly shaved her head bald on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, September 5. The former "American Idol" finalist threw away her blonde locks to show a solidarity for a friend who has battled breast cancer.
"Cancer does not discriminate," Pickler said. Her best friend Summer Holt Miller was diagnosed with breast cancer in June, had a mastectomy and will start the chemotherapy on Thursday. "If this compels even one person to change their mentality toward waiting until the age of 40 for their mammogram, then it will be worth it," Miller said.
Calling it a "life-changing day", Pickler wrote on her website, "I was told that it was mentally much easier to do it this way than to wake up with my hair on my pillow. I'm really not that apprehensive about shaving my head. It is hair and it will grow back."
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her