Singer Emily Robison Is Mom to Another Baby Girl
Congratulations are in order for country musician Emily Robison and her boyfriend Martin Strayer. The Dixie Chicks singer gave birth to her fourth child, a baby girl, on Tuesday, September 4 at 3:01 A.M.
The baby news was announced on the official Facebook page of Court Yard Hounds, a side project that Emily and her sister Martie Maguire spearhead. The healthy baby girl named Violet Isabel weighed 8.5 lbs at birth. "Mom and baby Violet are doing well and Dad couldn't be happier!," it's said.
In the past, both Emily and sister Martie had a hard time conceiving. They expressed it in their song "So Hard" which was included in their seventh studio album, "Taking the Long Way". "It felt like a given. Something a woman's born to do. A natural ambition to see a reflection of me and you," part of the lyrics reads. "And I'd feel so guilty if that was a gift I couldn't give, and could you be happy if life wasn't how we pictured it."
Now, both of them have children. 42-year-old Martie has three daughters, while 40-year old Emily has three other kids besides baby Violet. From her marriage to fellow country singer Charlie Robison, she has nine-year-old Charles and seven-year-old twins Henry and Juliana.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences