Marc Anthony Signs Up to Mentor 'X Factor' Contestants
"The X Factor (US)" has tapped Marc Anthony as another guest mentor in its second season. TMZ first reported that the Latino singer has inked a deal to join the show and assist Simon Cowell in mentoring his team in the judges' house round.
Confirming the news, a source told E! Online, "Marc and Simon have known each other for a long time, and Marc's a huge worldwide-selling artist, so when 'The X Factor' decided to film in Miami, it was perfect." The source went on gushing, "Marc really likes the idea of spotting new and young talent and he has strong opinions, so being a guest mentor with Simon and his category is perfect."
Anthony follows the footsteps of Nick Jonas and Justin Bieber who were reported earlier to team up with Demi Lovato and L.A. Reid respectively. There's still no word on who will assist Britney Spears.
The "I Need to Know" singer himself is no stranger to a talent show. He and his estranged wife Jennifer Lopez worked together on "Q'Viva! The Chosen", which saw them and concert director Jamie King traveling over 20 countries to seek the best in Latin music and dance. Executive produced by Simon Fuller, the reality series aired from March to April this year on FOX.
The U.S. version of "The X Factor" will kick off its new installment Wednesday, September 12 at 8/7c on FOX.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby