Marc Anthony Signs Up to Mentor 'X Factor' Contestants
"The X Factor (US)" has tapped Marc Anthony as another guest mentor in its second season. TMZ first reported that the Latino singer has inked a deal to join the show and assist Simon Cowell in mentoring his team in the judges' house round.
Confirming the news, a source told E! Online, "Marc and Simon have known each other for a long time, and Marc's a huge worldwide-selling artist, so when 'The X Factor' decided to film in Miami, it was perfect." The source went on gushing, "Marc really likes the idea of spotting new and young talent and he has strong opinions, so being a guest mentor with Simon and his category is perfect."
Anthony follows the footsteps of Nick Jonas and Justin Bieber who were reported earlier to team up with Demi Lovato and L.A. Reid respectively. There's still no word on who will assist Britney Spears.
The "I Need to Know" singer himself is no stranger to a talent show. He and his estranged wife Jennifer Lopez worked together on "Q'Viva! The Chosen", which saw them and concert director Jamie King traveling over 20 countries to seek the best in Latin music and dance. Executive produced by Simon Fuller, the reality series aired from March to April this year on FOX.
The U.S. version of "The X Factor" will kick off its new installment Wednesday, September 12 at 8/7c on FOX.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie