Marc Anthony Signs Up to Mentor 'X Factor' Contestants
"The X Factor (US)" has tapped Marc Anthony as another guest mentor in its second season. TMZ first reported that the Latino singer has inked a deal to join the show and assist Simon Cowell in mentoring his team in the judges' house round.
Confirming the news, a source told E! Online, "Marc and Simon have known each other for a long time, and Marc's a huge worldwide-selling artist, so when 'The X Factor' decided to film in Miami, it was perfect." The source went on gushing, "Marc really likes the idea of spotting new and young talent and he has strong opinions, so being a guest mentor with Simon and his category is perfect."
Anthony follows the footsteps of Nick Jonas and Justin Bieber who were reported earlier to team up with Demi Lovato and L.A. Reid respectively. There's still no word on who will assist Britney Spears.
The "I Need to Know" singer himself is no stranger to a talent show. He and his estranged wife Jennifer Lopez worked together on "Q'Viva! The Chosen", which saw them and concert director Jamie King traveling over 20 countries to seek the best in Latin music and dance. Executive produced by Simon Fuller, the reality series aired from March to April this year on FOX.
The U.S. version of "The X Factor" will kick off its new installment Wednesday, September 12 at 8/7c on FOX.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media