Marc Anthony Signs Up to Mentor 'X Factor' Contestants
"The X Factor (US)" has tapped Marc Anthony as another guest mentor in its second season. TMZ first reported that the Latino singer has inked a deal to join the show and assist Simon Cowell in mentoring his team in the judges' house round.
Confirming the news, a source told E! Online, "Marc and Simon have known each other for a long time, and Marc's a huge worldwide-selling artist, so when 'The X Factor' decided to film in Miami, it was perfect." The source went on gushing, "Marc really likes the idea of spotting new and young talent and he has strong opinions, so being a guest mentor with Simon and his category is perfect."
Anthony follows the footsteps of Nick Jonas and Justin Bieber who were reported earlier to team up with Demi Lovato and L.A. Reid respectively. There's still no word on who will assist Britney Spears.
The "I Need to Know" singer himself is no stranger to a talent show. He and his estranged wife Jennifer Lopez worked together on "Q'Viva! The Chosen", which saw them and concert director Jamie King traveling over 20 countries to seek the best in Latin music and dance. Executive produced by Simon Fuller, the reality series aired from March to April this year on FOX.
The U.S. version of "The X Factor" will kick off its new installment Wednesday, September 12 at 8/7c on FOX.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3