Rolling Stones to Include Two New Songs in New Greatest Hits Album
British rock band The Rolling Stones, composed of Charlie Watts, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, and Mick Jagger, announced that they would be releasing an album to mark their 50th anniversary celebration. The album is entitled "GRRR!" and will feature songs which go back to the band's first few years.
The album will contain 50 songs, including two new tracks entitled "Gloom And Doom" and "One Last Shot", as mentioned by the band in Paris last month. Jagger was the first to confirm that they had, in fact, been recording when he posted a tweet almost four weeks ago. "Had fun in the Paris studio this week," he wrote.
Other old-time favorites will also be included such as "Get Off Of My Cloud", "Jumping Jack Flash", "The Last Time", "Honky Tonk Women" and "Satisfaction". An image of a gorilla with the band's trademark lips logo designed by Walton Ford will be featured on the front page.
"GRRR!" can be purchased in four different versions: a 50-track 3 CD album which will come in a digipack with a 24-page booklet, a 50-track 3 CD deluxe edition which will come in a DVD size box with a 36-page hardback book and five postcards, a Super Deluxe Edition Set which will come in a presentation box carrying 80 tracks recorded in 4 CDs, a 7" vinyl, a hardback book, a poster and five postcards, and finally a 12" Vinyl Box Set containing 50 tracks in five 12" vinyl.
While preparing the album, the legendary rock band will be busy with four performance dates. In a BBC interview, guitarist Richards said they just got their "chops" together, comparing their first few rehearsals to a new band's practice in a garage. The shows are reported to be held in London's O2 Arena and Brooklyn's Barclays Center.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard