Rihanna to Open MTV VMAs With Calvin Harris and A$AP Rocky
Barbadian recording artist Rihanna is set to open 2012 MTV Video Music Awards with "We Found Love", the lead single of her sixth studio album "Talk That Talk". Her performance for this song will be backed by VMAs' house DJ, Calvin Harris. She will also perform a remix of "Cockiness (Love It)" together with rapper/music video director A$AP Rocky.
Princess Riri is nominated for five awards, the same number of nominations that rapper Drake holds. Her nominations include Video of the Year, Best Female Video, and Best Pop Video for "We Found Love", as well as Best Choreography & Best Visual Effects for "Where Have You Been".
Comedian Kevin Hart, who will serve as the host of VMAs, promised a grand show. When asked about spontaneous unscripted moments, he jokingly stated that they have already banned artists whom they felt were capable of doing such things.
"Lil Mama is not allowed in the building. We actually got a seat belt in Kanye [West's] seat ... little things we did this year that they didn't think to do last year ... [but] I don't think we're going to have any incidents. And if we do? This is the place for it, it's MTV! It's the VMAs, you want the stupid stuff to happen ... so I'm hoping that somebody does do something stupid," he said.
The VMAs stage will also be graced by performances from Nicki Minaj, Frank Ocean, Taylor Swift, Green Day, Pink, Alicia Keys and One Direction among others. The 2012 MTV VMAs will be held at Staples Center on Thursday, September 6 and will be aired live starting 8 P.M. ET.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame