First Action-Packed Trailer for Jeremy Renner's 'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters'
Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton are badass siblings in the first trailer for "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters". Filled with plenty of high-octane scenes, it sees what the famous brother-sister duo becomes as adults. Instead of growing up as lovely persons, they swap their bread crumbs for lethal weapons to hunt down witches.
Renner's version of Hansel is tough and sadistic when it comes to slaying the witches. Arterton's Gretel is equally brutal and she also has an impressive fighting skill. She doesn't hesitate to headbutt, shoot or punch people in the first place if she's not pleased with them.
A twisted adaptation to the Brother Grimm classic tale, "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" is set 15 years after Hansel and Gretel killed the witch who kidnapped them, with the siblings now becoming bounty hunters who pursue witches. They also have to face a corrupt town sheriff that becomes their new enemy.
Arterton once explained her and Renner's takes on the iconic siblings. She told Entertainment Weekly, "Gretel is much more in tune with her spiritual side. Hansel is a typical action hero, cheeky, funny, a womanizer. She's much of a thinker, intense, internal and bit more open-minded than he is."
The Tommy Wirkola-directed movie is ready to hit the U.S. theaters on January 11, 2013 after previously being pushed back from its original March 2 release date this year.
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media