First Action-Packed Trailer for Jeremy Renner's 'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters'
Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton are badass siblings in the first trailer for "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters". Filled with plenty of high-octane scenes, it sees what the famous brother-sister duo becomes as adults. Instead of growing up as lovely persons, they swap their bread crumbs for lethal weapons to hunt down witches.
Renner's version of Hansel is tough and sadistic when it comes to slaying the witches. Arterton's Gretel is equally brutal and she also has an impressive fighting skill. She doesn't hesitate to headbutt, shoot or punch people in the first place if she's not pleased with them.
A twisted adaptation to the Brother Grimm classic tale, "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" is set 15 years after Hansel and Gretel killed the witch who kidnapped them, with the siblings now becoming bounty hunters who pursue witches. They also have to face a corrupt town sheriff that becomes their new enemy.
Arterton once explained her and Renner's takes on the iconic siblings. She told Entertainment Weekly, "Gretel is much more in tune with her spiritual side. Hansel is a typical action hero, cheeky, funny, a womanizer. She's much of a thinker, intense, internal and bit more open-minded than he is."
The Tommy Wirkola-directed movie is ready to hit the U.S. theaters on January 11, 2013 after previously being pushed back from its original March 2 release date this year.
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps