James Gandolfini Reunites With 'Sopranos' Gang in Nickelodeon Movie
James Gandolfini will relish the memory of "The Sopranos" on the set of Nickelodeon TV movie "Nicky Deuce". The Emmy-winning actor will join fellow Sopranos alums Michael Imperioli, Tony Sirico and Vincent Curatola in the project based on children's book co-written by Sopranos' Steve Schirripa.
According to Deadline, Gandolfini is set to take the role of Bobby Eggs, a two-bit guy from the neighborhood who gets unintentionally "scrambled" by the young Nicky. Played by Noah Munck, the titular character is a nerdy, over-protected teen who gets caught in the adventure of a lifetime when he is sent to Brooklyn, NY to spend the summer with an uncle (Schirripa) and other members of his Italian American family he never knew he had.
Confronted with some questionable dealings, Nicky uncovers family secrets and learns that the mean streets of Brooklyn arenít always what they seem.
Filming has begun in Montreal. The TV movie is set to premiere next year on Nickelodeon and Canada's YTV.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now