Video: Carrie Underwood Performs at 2012 MDA Telethon
The number of celebrities that appeared and performed at 2012 MDA Telethon remained abundant even though its airtime was cut down to three hours. "American Idol" season 4 winner Carrie Underwood was among the performers. She was introduced by former "Idol" judge Paula Abdul.
Paula said, "Well, I'm not surprised our next guest's tour is called 'Blown Away'. I think back to where our journey first began on 'American Idol' and I'm literally blown away by this beautiful talent. What a blessing it has been for me to be an up close and personal eyewitness to your youth, your talent, your passion and your amazing success."
Country crooner Underwood went up on stage and performed "Nobody Ever Told You" which is a single in her latest album "Blown Away". The said album was released on May 1 this year and debuted at number one in several charts such as Billboard Hot 200, Country Albums and Digital Albums.
Alison Sweeney, Diana DeGarmo, Khloe Kardashian, Tim McGraw, Eva Simons, Lou Ferrigno and B.o.B also made guest appearances on the "MDA Show of Strength". There were other guests appearing in pre-recorded segments. They included OneRepublic, The All-American Rejects, Alanis Morissette, Pitbull, will.i.am and Carole King.
Last year, Nigel Lythgoe, Jann Carl, Alison Sweeney and Nancy O'Dell shared hosting duties for MDA after it was announced that original host Jerry Lewis "has completed his run." At the end of that year's telethon, the Muscular Dystrophy Association reported that they received more than $61 million in pledges, but according Showbiz411's review, the association failed to collect 50% of those pledges.
The All-American Rejects:
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics