'The Mentalist' Boss Dishes on Trust Issues in Season 5
Red John has planted a suspicion when he told Jane he had someone inside the FBI and it will be one of the main issues that the CBI team faces during their search for the serial killer in "The Mentalist" season 5. In a new interview, executive producer Bruno Heller warns that some returning faces and new characters who will appear in the new season "may or may not be Red John's friends."
"When you first meet these guys, these might be good guys, they might be bad guys," he tells TVLine. Those new guys include Polly Walker who will recur as FBI Regional Director Alexa Shultz and Ivan Sergei who is cast as FBI Agent Gabe Mancini.
Since FBI and CBI have clashed over who can keep Red John's agent Lorelei (Emmanuelle Chriqui) in custody, the trust issues will make "the conflict between those two organizations even more complex than it would be." Heller adds, "As we reveal, via Lorelei, more and more about Red John's plans, it becomes clear that there are fewer and fewer people that Jane and Lisbon and the CBI team can really trust."
Amid the trust issues, the hunt for Red John will move forward "in a very concrete way." The show's creator coyly says, "I can't say that we're going to catch Red John in the middle of the season, but those who are following that story are going to get a huge leap forward in terms of what we know about him and where we're going."
"The Mentalist" is going to air in a new time slot, Sundays at 10 P.M., starting the fifth season that will kick off September 30. Lorelei will be featured throughout the season, and viewers will finally see Jane's daughter for the first time. Dove Cameron will portray the late girl in episode 2, but it's unclear if she will appear in a dream or in a flashback.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour