Henry Cavill Discusses Playing Modern and Realistic Superman in 'Man of Steel'
Henry Cavill will soon be seen starring as one of the world's most famous superheroes, Superman, in "Man of Steel". Though the Kryptonian hero had been portrayed by a number of actors in various different versions before, Cavill insisted that his take on the character would be different from its predecessors.
Speaking to Cineplex magazine in a recent interview, the British hunk gushed that "Man of Steel" would have a "realistic" take on the legendary DC superhero rather than a cartoony one. "What I can say is that it's a modernization of the character and a very realistic view of one, obviously, very fantastical individual," he said.
Though it's a comic book movie, Cavill explained that Zack Snyder's approach in the film was practical. He said, "It's unreal situation, but it's approached from a very practical viewpoint. We wanted to make the character easier to identify with."
Asked if he really understood the importance of playing such iconic character, Cavill answered, "Very much so, yes. It's important to do the role justice. There are a lot of people relying on me to do this well."
"I gladly accept that responsibility, and it's a great one to have because it's a wonderful opportunity. I don't let the pressures get to me because that's going to hinder my performance and, therefore, let people down. So I choose to ignore the pressure side of it and focus on doing justice to Superman."
"Man of Steel" is scheduled to arrive in the U.S. theaters on June 14, 2013. Cavill will be joined by Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon as Zod, Russell Crowe and Ayelet Zorer as Superman's Kryptonian parents, as well as Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as his adoptive parents.
More Man of Steel News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video