Phillip Phillips' Debut Album Planned to Be Released in January
"American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips gave a hint on when his debut album would be released. He recently told DJ Race Taylor during his visit to WPLJ that he was not expecting his debut album to be released until January or February 2013.
He also said that the recording wouldn't happen until after the "American Idol" tour, which began in Detroit, MI last July 6 and will end this September 21 on their last stop, Quezon City, Philippines. "They really want to give me some time to make an album that represents me," the 21-year old singer explained.
The gist is that normally, according to Daily Campus, winter is considered as the music industry's dead season and that record labels do not release albums during the winter season because they don't want to be overlooked by the award shows which happen before the end of the year. The artist, however, remains optimistic. "Hopefully people will stick around to check it out," he said.
While waiting for his album to be completed, fans can purchase his coronation song "Home" that has been in stores since summer this year. The single debuted at No. 10 on Billboard Hot 100 and sold 278,000 digital copies in the first week. It broke previous record held by David Cook who sold 236,000 copies of "The Time of My Life" in 2008.
The "American Idols LIVE! Tour 2012" next stop is Syracuse, New York. The top-ten finalists composed of Erika Van Pelt, Heejun Han, DeAndre Brackensick, Colton Dixon, Elise Testone, Skylar Laine, Hollie Cavanagh, Joshua Ledet, runner-up Jessica Sanchez, and winner Phillips will perform at the Oncenter War Memorial Arena. They are expected to sing some of the songs that they performed on the live performance night of "American Idol".
Just a few days earlier, on August 31, the "Idol" winner, who suffered chronic problems due to a buildup of kidney stones, made a quick stop to Bud Light Downtown Touchdown Centennial Olympic Park to perform on a free concert.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed