Report: 'Iron Man 3' Finds Its Radioactive Man
"Iron Man" has reportedly made a last minute addition to its cast ensemble by nabbing a Chinese actor to star as Radioactive Man. Chinese movie site Mtime has shared the news that actor Wang Xueqi has officially been cast as the villainous character who is also known as Chen Lu.
Xueqi was rumored to be cast as a replacement for Andy Lau, who was originally eyed to join the superhero blockbuster film. The 66-year-old thesp was previously spotted talking to "Iron Man 3" chief producer Dan Mintz before his casting news emerged.
In the Marvel universe, Lu is described as a nuclear physicist and Communist agent in China. Lu, who first appeared in Journey Into Mystery #93 in June 1963, was originally ordered to find a way to defeat Thor.
Lu, who was often employed by The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley's character), then exposed himself to small doses of radiation so that he can endure a massive barrage. He later transformed into Radioactive Man who planned to eventually take over the world.
It has been rumored that Chen Lu will be featured in the post-credits scene of the third armored hero movie, which will relate to upcoming "Ant-Man" movie to be directed by Edgar Wright.
Directed by Shane Black, "Iron Man 3" still hasn't unveiled its plot. However, the story reportedly will be loosely based on Warren Ellis' six-issue "Extremis" comic book series, which presents a new origin story that focuses on nanotechnology.
Robert Downey Jr., who recently injured his ankle while shooting the movie in Willmington, will reprise his role as Tony Stark a.k.a Iron Man. Joining him are Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce and Jon Favreau.
"Iron Man 3" will open wide in the U.S. on May 3, 2013.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift