Mo'Nique Settles Long-Running Lawsuit Against Landlords
Mo'Nique has put her nasty legal battle with her landlords to an end by reaching a settlement. According to TMZ, both parties have agreed to drop their lawsuits last week with Mo'Nique paying an unmentioned amount of money.
The battle had been long-running and got uglier each day. Mo'Nique and her husband were accused of dodging to pay their house rent which amounts to $370,000. The "Precious" star fired back by saying the house smelled of dog poo, wet dog and urine.
Last March, Mo'Nique's husband Sidney Hicks and one of the landlords named Alice exchanged nasty e-mails. "We do understand that your business has been greatly affected by the cancellation of your weekly talk show. However we do not want the publicity and heartache/hardship for either of us," Alice wrote. Hicks replied, saying Alice has "a poor man's mentality ...you talk tough when you are owed but run when you owe".
Despite the war of words, Mo'Nique is still living in the Georgia house. She has to keep paying the rent until she moves out.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death