Mo'Nique Settles Long-Running Lawsuit Against Landlords
Mo'Nique has put her nasty legal battle with her landlords to an end by reaching a settlement. According to TMZ, both parties have agreed to drop their lawsuits last week with Mo'Nique paying an unmentioned amount of money.
The battle had been long-running and got uglier each day. Mo'Nique and her husband were accused of dodging to pay their house rent which amounts to $370,000. The "Precious" star fired back by saying the house smelled of dog poo, wet dog and urine.
Last March, Mo'Nique's husband Sidney Hicks and one of the landlords named Alice exchanged nasty e-mails. "We do understand that your business has been greatly affected by the cancellation of your weekly talk show. However we do not want the publicity and heartache/hardship for either of us," Alice wrote. Hicks replied, saying Alice has "a poor man's mentality ...you talk tough when you are owed but run when you owe".
Despite the war of words, Mo'Nique is still living in the Georgia house. She has to keep paying the rent until she moves out.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen