Mo'Nique Settles Long-Running Lawsuit Against Landlords
Mo'Nique has put her nasty legal battle with her landlords to an end by reaching a settlement. According to TMZ, both parties have agreed to drop their lawsuits last week with Mo'Nique paying an unmentioned amount of money.
The battle had been long-running and got uglier each day. Mo'Nique and her husband were accused of dodging to pay their house rent which amounts to $370,000. The "Precious" star fired back by saying the house smelled of dog poo, wet dog and urine.
Last March, Mo'Nique's husband Sidney Hicks and one of the landlords named Alice exchanged nasty e-mails. "We do understand that your business has been greatly affected by the cancellation of your weekly talk show. However we do not want the publicity and heartache/hardship for either of us," Alice wrote. Hicks replied, saying Alice has "a poor man's mentality ...you talk tough when you are owed but run when you owe".
Despite the war of words, Mo'Nique is still living in the Georgia house. She has to keep paying the rent until she moves out.
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'