Mo'Nique Settles Long-Running Lawsuit Against Landlords
Mo'Nique has put her nasty legal battle with her landlords to an end by reaching a settlement. According to TMZ, both parties have agreed to drop their lawsuits last week with Mo'Nique paying an unmentioned amount of money.
The battle had been long-running and got uglier each day. Mo'Nique and her husband were accused of dodging to pay their house rent which amounts to $370,000. The "Precious" star fired back by saying the house smelled of dog poo, wet dog and urine.
Last March, Mo'Nique's husband Sidney Hicks and one of the landlords named Alice exchanged nasty e-mails. "We do understand that your business has been greatly affected by the cancellation of your weekly talk show. However we do not want the publicity and heartache/hardship for either of us," Alice wrote. Hicks replied, saying Alice has "a poor man's mentality ...you talk tough when you are owed but run when you owe".
Despite the war of words, Mo'Nique is still living in the Georgia house. She has to keep paying the rent until she moves out.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke