Mo'Nique Settles Long-Running Lawsuit Against Landlords
Mo'Nique has put her nasty legal battle with her landlords to an end by reaching a settlement. According to TMZ, both parties have agreed to drop their lawsuits last week with Mo'Nique paying an unmentioned amount of money.
The battle had been long-running and got uglier each day. Mo'Nique and her husband were accused of dodging to pay their house rent which amounts to $370,000. The "Precious" star fired back by saying the house smelled of dog poo, wet dog and urine.
Last March, Mo'Nique's husband Sidney Hicks and one of the landlords named Alice exchanged nasty e-mails. "We do understand that your business has been greatly affected by the cancellation of your weekly talk show. However we do not want the publicity and heartache/hardship for either of us," Alice wrote. Hicks replied, saying Alice has "a poor man's mentality ...you talk tough when you are owed but run when you owe".
Despite the war of words, Mo'Nique is still living in the Georgia house. She has to keep paying the rent until she moves out.
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash