Azealia Banks Releases Music Video for '1991'
The visuals for Azealia Banks' song "1991" from an extended play of the same name has just been released. It came out just a couple of days before the start of her scheduled U.K. tour this autumn. The new music video begins with a shot of the rapper's physique, followed by several close-up shots of her face's different features. The video also shows her in a massive white room singing and dancing to her own tune.
The rapper, who caused controversy with her Dazed & Confused magazine cover, also revealed the release of her debut album entitled "Broke With Expensive Taste" via a post on her official Twitter account. She wrote, "Broke With Expensive Taste will be out first quarter of 2013 on Feb 12. (2/12)." The album will be preceded by a series of concerts which will start on September 28 at the Machester Academy and end on October 12 at the Shepherds Bush Empire.
Rumors have also been circulating that Lady GaGa and Banks are talking about working together. This rumor arose after the two artists gave hints while exchanging tweets. Banks wrote on one of her tweets, "When mother monster calls," and the "Born This Way" songstress followed it up with "@AZEALIABANKS can you make '99 Problems' my ring tone for when I call you, and then shout B**** AINT ONE at me when you pick up?"
The 21-year-old lyricist was formerly known as Miss Bank$ when she was still signed to XL Recordings. After her departure from the label, she moved to Montreal and used YouTube as her medium for her demo tracks. Just this year, she won Billboard's New Style Icon Award and NME's Philip Hall Radar Award.
More Azealia Banks News
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle