Big Sean's '24 Karats of Gold' Video Featuring J. Cole
Big Sean gives his fans another sneak peek of his mixtape in a music video for the title track "24 Karats of Gold". He collaborates with J. Cole, born Jermaine Lamar Cole, who was awarded with the UMA Male Artist of the Year because of his second mixtape, "The Warm Up".
The video begins with nothing but a dark screen followed by sounds of crying babies. After that, Sean is shown making music in a recording studio and enjoying a car ride while he is on his way to a four-year bid to prison. These clips are backed by his smooth sounding voice playing the whole time.
The song is produced by Key Wayne and the video is directed by Mike Carson and Darnell Williams. Mike is the same person who directed Big Sean's "I Do It" video and worked with Mike Waxx to make "Dance (A$$)" clip which features Nicki Minaj.
The complete mixtape is said to be released on September 5 and his second album is scheduled to hit the record stores later this year. According to Sean's tweet, the street album will carry different types of tracks. "It's a good body of work with a lot of different types of songs on it. And this is definitely a good warm up for the album," he wrote.
Big Sean is set to perform at Vogue Theater in Vancouver this coming September 12, after his appearance at the Bumbershoot Festival in Seattle Washington.
More Big Sean News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?