'Coma' Miniseries Is 'Very Disturbing' and 'Creepier' Than the Original Movie
"Coma" promises thrilling scenes that will keep audience awake this Labor Day, according to Geena Davis who stars on the A&E miniseries. In a chat with Entertainment Weekly, the actress who portrays chief of psychiatry Dr. Agnetta Lindquist says the show is "very disturbing," thanks to the advanced technology used in the show.
"I remember the movie that came out...with Michael Douglas in it. And it's very visually arresting the way they portrayed the medical things and the people in comas," she says when comparing the original 1978 film with the upcoming miniseries. Admitting the movie "was really creepy and spooky," she goes on claiming that the new take is "even creepier and spookier."
Gushing about her character, the 56-year-old actress coyly says she "may or may not be involved in the nefarious things that are happening." She additionally shares what's interesting from her role, "I thought that it would be fun to play a part with questionable morals."
"Coma" is based on the best-selling 1977 novel by Robin Cook which was previously adapted into a film by Michael Crichton. The story revolves around a young medical student (Lauren Ambrose) who discovers that something sinister is going on in her hospital after routine procedures send more than a few seemingly healthy patients into comas on the operating table.
Mikael Salomon tackles the helming duty, while Ridley Scott and his late brother Tony Scott serve as the executive producers with David W. Zucker, Martin Erlichman and Mikael Salomon. The two-part show will begin Monday, September 3 at 9 P.M. on A&E.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3